Dolores - Packer and butcher info needed

ChubbyTuna

Can anyone point me towards a packer that can help pull out an elk (hopefully) near Dolores. Also, can you recommend a butcher in Dolores or Cortez. Thanks.

BANES CUSTOM MEATS
11063 Rd. 25
CORTEZ, CO.
970-565-3011

Make sure and tell them that you are an out of state hunter or your game goes to the bottom of list for processing...Non-Res are given priority due to long trip home.

P.S. There is one up the same roadway towards Dolores on the right hand side of road, but DO NOT GO THERE HE IS A FLAKE.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-11 AT 01:27PM (MST)[p]http://www.aspenplaceoutfitters.com/html/contact.html

He packs AND processes. Headquarters is up by Groundhog reservoir, so if you hunt in that area, I am sure he can help you. Not sure if he would process if he doesn't guide you, but will definately pack one out.

Also if you are hunting up toward Rico, try Circle K outfitting. They might pack one out too. Great people

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

For packing, try calling Jason at Colorado Elk Camp Outfitters. He has a couple of wranglers that may be able to help you out.

Jason's phone: 970-560-3746

As for processing, go with Banes. They are definitely the best in the area.

I know you don't like the guy on the right Brian becuase of the issue your partner had with him getting his mount. But as far as meat cutting goes, he does a great job and we have used him for 4 animals over the last 5 years or so and he has done great.

We used to go to Baines but for the last couple of year we couldn't even get them to take our animals in because they have been too busy.

We've used Banes before to freeze meat, worked out well, good butcher shop. Does anyone know if there is a place to freeze meat or get it in a cooler closer to Delores or Rico?

+1 on Banes. Small shop but great service.

Did a rush job on an elk for me a couple years back and the even accomodated when I asked to move the date up a day. Reasonable price and good work as all stakes were plastic wrapped before butcher paper. Meat was in great shape and mighty tasty.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom