Donating Tags

hjbuys

A buddy of mine got me thinking about donating my unit 16 NM muley any weapon tag for use by a charitable organization. I'd be happy to donate anywhere that would put it to good use, but disabled veterans hold a special place in my heart. Anyone know of an organization that would put my tag to good use? Thanks for the information.

You can according to the regulation I read today on page 4 of the big game regs "The Director may grant the transfer of a license or permit to a person who has been qualified through a non-profit wish granting organization." I sure like that idea better than just not using the tag and would love to hear how other people have done it previously.

hjbuys- If it does indeed work that way with NMDGF, that is a great way to put a tag to use you can not use. I help many disabled veterans go hunting and fishing. It being an archery tag does make it less desirable for the majority of the folks I help since they are truly mobility impaired ex. wheelchair bound. That being said, there are many degrees of disabled veterans, and I know many, I would be happy to help, if that is what your looking for just let me know.

Dustin
www.gounlimited.org

Thanks Dustin. It's actually a rifle tag and I would love to see it put to good use. There was a contact number in the regs regarding tag transfer. I'll give it a call on Monday and find out the details about how it is done and then get back in touch with you.

Has anyone on the forum ever participated in the tag transfer program before?

Hjbuys- ah yes, any weapon, not sure why I thought it was bow. Anyhow thanks for your consideration and just let me know what I can do to help.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom