Double Bull Blinds

adamsoa

Does anyone use these and if so do they like them? I have a 6 year old who is ready to come hunting and since we do a lot of archery hunting I thought this might hide some of our movement. I chase deer, elk and if I can ever draw turkey.

Thanks

Andy

I recently bought a T2 and used it last week on a mule deer hunt. I like it. A few things to keep in mind. It is very noisy putting it up. I bought the T2 for 250.00 and its great for one person and a little tight for two. If you can afford it I would buy the next largest blind. I set mine up the morning of the hunt and had mule deer come and not even pay attention to it. nmhs

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-05 AT 01:07PM (MST)[p]I have a Double Bull,and a Brickhouse blind from Ameristep,and I use the heck out of both of em'.They both work exceptionally well,and the game becomes accustomed to them in a very short time,I was impressed.They are very effictive for both gun and archery.The Double Bull is better quality,and more rugged,but the Ameristep serves the same purposes,and costs much less (you just need to take a little more care of it).Good Luck!

No Guts...No Story!

Love my T2, just remember to close as many windows as you can, and it helps to put it into the shadows if possible.

I have had a T2 for almost 3 years and will never buy another blind as long as i live...now only if I had bought swarovski's instead of other binoculars!
Jeff

I love my double bull blind. The black helps a lot BUT it is super HOT here in TX during bow seasons. Just an FYI.

And dont' fall for other blinds that brag about scent lock. The only way to reactivate a scent lock type of material is in dryer. Good luck there.

The cloth already helps scent. use scent spray and I feel that the black lining helps make it harder for scent to get through the material. Of course it'll go out the windows.

I've shot turkeys at less than 5 steps out of my old one with no lining so they work well. That was with up to 10-15 birds present at the time. Makes head shots on a turkey easy with the bow.

Jeff

Does the color on the outside matter, I got the BS5 Double Bull for Christmas I wanted the brown one but I got the green one. I have heard that most animals are color blind so the pattern break-up is the only thing that matters. Is that true???

The one I shot turkeys out of(non color blind supposedly) was a tan/brown camo-- I forget the name but we used it in the spring greens. And had no problem. I've never had a problem with it during deer season under cedar trees either.

I'd suspect you are fine the other way around.

Jeff

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-05 AT 11:47PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-05 AT 11:46?PM (MST)

They work great Andy. But where are you going to put your goats. I hope not in your blind they will eat all of your food.Ha Ha

PFFFFT!

DANG GOAT THIS DUBBLE BULL BLIND IS SENT PROOF. YOU CANT DO THAT IN HERE. GET OUT!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom