double rifle

joebuck

Who makes them? What calibers are they available in? The only ones I've actually seen anywhere are Holland&Holland and they're a little out of my price range.

There are quite a few companies that make double rifles, well not many today... But they are all very high$$$. I would be intersted to know if there are any under the $3000 price range as well.

Not much chance of finding one at that price of $3,000.00, unless it is in someones hands and don't know what they have got.

Brian

I read in an African hunting novel one time that "Owning a double rifle is God's way of saying you have too much money."

Yes, doubles are expensive. Most things that take that much time and attention are. Go to a GOOD gun store and look at their selection. Stores like Sportman's, and Cabelas often have several on hand. The wood to metal fit is usually top notch. The metal is usually engraved or inlayed with gold and silver. And my favorite part is the quality of the wood. Many are exhibition grades of walnut
The majority of guns today are $10,000+, with some ranging into the hundreds of thousands of $$$!

Josh

Well thanks for ruining my day. I was looking in a catalogue and saw the H&H doubles for about $10000-$16000 and was hoping someone made one for a bit less money.

A quick serch on gun broker tuned up about 25 mathces rangeing from $450-$12,000 or so. The cheap ones looked, well cheap... but there were some other nice looking ones in the 1500-4000 range.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom