Double Trouble

madmax88

My brother and I had a very short but eventful hunt this morning. As we were getting ready for the hunt we felt rain drops and we knew something good was about to happen. The plan was for my dad to drop us off on a ridge and my brother and I would each walk a side of the ridge to a spot where my dad would pick us up. Well we get to the drop off point right at first light. I drop down to my side of the ridge and instantly spot the tail end of a deer walking down the trail. I bring my binoculars up and I can make out at least one fork so I drop the hammer with my 7mag at 100 yards. After the shot I see the buck take a few leaps down the ridge and then he stops and looks back. I was shocked that I had missed such a close shot. Luckily since we were only 1 minute into the hunt my brother was close by and he ran over to see what I was shooting at. I told him that my gun must of been knocked off zero and that he needs to shoot the buck that is still looking back. He quickly lets out a shot and neither of us could tell if he hit the buck or not. We walked down the side of the ridge to find two bucks laying 10 yards apart. The brush had covered the body of the dead buck and it turns out there were twins there the whole time. The best part was that both bucks were shot within 2 minutes of the hunt and we were they were less than 100 yards from the truck. His is a little bigger 3x3 and mine is a 2x2 trying to grow those third points.

5049575609_d1413a0435_b.jpg

5050197634_19ecfc6453_b.jpg

Here is the sunset from the hunt the night before.
5050191944_9064b4d0b7_b.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom