Doug at camerland

tooele

I am posting in regards to the post on Dan's hunting services.

I have had exceptionally good experiences with Doug at cameraland. I wanted everyone to post good or bad experiences with Doug. I think the contrast to Dan will be significant, I may be wrong, but for me I won't buy high end optics anywhere else. The customer service is great from start to finish. So lets here about Doug.

T

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-07 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]I've purchased four or five items from Doug over the past few years and the customer service and prices were second to none! Tell me where else you can call and speak to the owner directly or send a PM/email with questions and get an almost immediate response?

I've heard others tell horror stories about shipping with DHL, but any shipping service that can get an item from New York to Utah in two days without spending a small fortune is alright by me!

I bought both some Minox Binoculars and a Zeiss Conquest scope from him, 1st class and super fast shipping A+.

Bought Leica 10x50 bino's last year. Great pricing, product and service. Won't hesitate to buy my next optic purchase from him.

I've also had great service and feel like I have paid a fair price for optics purchased from Doug.
While on the subject of great service... Founder needs to be commended on his service with the MM store, I now buy all my DVD from him. He has a great selection, has all the hot new releases 1st & gets them to you fast.
Doug & Founder definatly know how to run a business.

Called and talked to Joel @ CameraLand twice this morning and placed an order for a Digital Camera, told me it will go out today, that is great service. So should have it come Monday morning so I can "rack my brains" the rest of next week learning the camera.

Brian

Bought a pair of Nikon binos on eBay. Turned out the seller was Doug at Cameraland. Would not hesitate for a minute to deal with him again.

Mark

I hope you guys are right about Doug. I just bought a Zeiss Conquest rifle scope from him today. So far so good.

Can't say enough good things about Doug or Joel, it's great to be able to deal directly with the owners......You won't be disappointed....

Jim Parker

I have purchased a pair of Bino's & a spotting scope from Doug. Great service, & awesome prices. I will definately order from him again.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

Someone had a bad experience with Doug??? I don't believe it! I've bought plenty of things from Doug and have always been 100% satisfied. If you can't be satisfied with Doug's service then you just flat out can't be satisfied!

Two thumbs up from me. Ordered a Nikon 20-60-80 spotter on Monday from him. Got it on Wednesday. How's that for DHL ground service? Excellent. Plus with free shipping to boot.

Doug listed this scope for last year for 349. I found it by searching here on MM. Thought he would be all out cause he hasn't been advertising them and Nikon don't produce them anymore. I thought what the hell, I'll call Doug and see if he has one and he did. I don't know where he got it but he had and I am more than happy with for the price. Oh and the price, 249 with free shipping isn't bad is it? Ha. I don't think so.

I will definately be contacting Doug on any other optics I might want in the future. I was on the fence for a while reading all the posts and wondering about all the hype? Not anymore. Doug at CameralandNY is the real deal.

Well I guess I will have to be the first to complain about the service with CameraLand. Read post # 9 above dated 8-3-07 by me and as of this morning still no camera.
As usual, Joel is never there or with customers and Doug was not there either. Got someone else and talked with them yesterday and said that Joel would call me back, gave them my number.
A little bit later I decided to send Joel an E-mail and trying to get the Tracking Number. He replied later that night he would send me the number in the morning, but NOTHING. So I called and talked to someone else, sice neither of the owners were there.
Too make a long story short, I was told that the Camera would be sent that day, which was 8-3-08 and after I checked this morning with the tracking number, it never left their store till 8-7 07 at 4:47 pm and was then processed at on 8-8-07 at 1:46AM.
Why did it take 4 days to ship from store?

I doubt if I will ever be a customer of theirs again will this kind of run around and never being able to talk with either of them. Back in Jan. Doug was finally able to ship me an item that they were having trouble of obtaining from Nikon. Back then, I had it in under 3 days, not the case this time.
Even at DHL's website it shows ETA of 8-14-07

Nothing was ever said about this at all to me...........

Sorry for the ranting, but needing to let off some steam.

Brian

I have and will order more items from Doug, he's very helpful, competitivly priced and just a plain nice guy.

Bought a pair of Swaros from him which are pretty much price regulated by Swaroski. But he includes the tri-pod adapter ($110). Ordered a Vortex Spotter @ the same time. Gave me the spotter for 1/2 of what its listed at. Very happy :)

Got a USPS e-mail comfirmation the next day. Didn't get it for 6 days but I blame the USPS. Had notice of a package in my PO Box in 3 days but when my girlfriend went to pick it up, they only gave her the Cabela's box. I went in 3 days later and asked and it was there but no notice to me. They admitted they made a mistake.

If I buy more optics, it'll be from Doug!!!!!!

Bought a Nikon spotter from Doug the other day. Ordered it 8-27, was on my doorstep 8-31. $100.00 cheaper than anyone else around here. I'll defineately be doing buisness with Cameraland again. Highly recomended.

Just purchased a dicam from Joel last week. He had the best price of reputable retailers, delivery was as promised and everything was in perfect condition when it arrived. Will definitely buy from them again. Thanks Joel!

Mark

Bought leica duovids from him and also a pair of minox bino's. Excellent prices and service. Recently had an issue with getting a timely repair on my leicas. Called doug and within a day I had someone calling me from leica letting me know they'd expedite the repair. Now thats service after the sale....1 year after the sale. He has earned my business.

Mike

I've never bought anything from Doug, but he read one of my posts about the problems I was having getting our Leica scope fixed. He sent me an e-mail offering to help me out with our problem, for no apparent reason. I told him if he wanted to see what he could do and it would be appreciated if we could ever get the scope back. Doug got me in touch with the VP from Leica and now he is involved. Hopefully with his help and Doug's concern, I will finally get this resolved.
Doug had no reason to even get involved, but I'd say this speaks highly of his character and concern for his products and his customers. Thanks Doug

I haven't received my Minox bino's yet, I bought them off e-bay only to find out it was Doug. He shipped them the same day at $100.00 dollars less than I could find them anywhere else. Can't wait to get them. Everything is good so far, I expect it to turn out great. I've read a ton of posts over the years and he is well received.

Coon

>I haven't received my Minox bino's
>yet, I bought them off
>e-bay only to find out
>it was Doug. He
>shipped them the same day
>at $100.00 dollars less than
>I could find them anywhere
>else. Can't wait to get
>them. Everything is good so
>far, I expect it to
>turn out great. I've
>read a ton of posts
>over the years and he
>is well received.
>
>Coon

Received my bino's today, 2 days earlier than promised. I have been shopping for this set for a long time and haven't found anyone even close to this price. I won't look anywhere else for optics in the future.

Coon

Doug's prices are great! I have bought a vortex spotter and a digital camera from him, by far the best service and prices, I couldn't be happier

CABugle

I purchased a camera from Camerland that Doug had talked about on MM, it is the Olympus 770. He gave it a good review, said it took sharp pictures along with many other great features.

Well it is the worst camera I have ever had, takes very poor quality pictures. I had been using Canon prior to the Olympus and will go back to them. My Canon was quite old and needing a few repairs, I was going to get another, but after Doug's reviews I thought I'd give the Olympus a shot. A very dissapointing mistake.

The service from them was good though.

Jack

The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel to fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
-Louis Lamour-

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom