Doyle area

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Does anyone live in or around Doyle and willing to give some info? Is Honey Lake good fishing from shore or kayak? Looking for a place to camp, shoot, and be fairly close to some fishing. Maybe east of Doyle on BLM land. Will be tent camping with small enclosed utility trailer. When the weather gets warmer. ??Thank in advance for any information.

Both Frenchman’s and Davis are good fishing. Davis has bass and on occasion northern pike. Lots of snow up here. Probably would need a snowmobile to access either of them currently. Good luck.

Antelope Lake is hard to beat for summer camping and fishing. Plenty of open areas to shoot if you want.

Frenchmans is awesome trout fishing but I haven't fished it since the fires. -----SS

Both Frenchman’s and Davis are good fishing. Davis has bass and on occasion northern pike. Lots of snow up here. Probably would need a snowmobile to access either of them currently. Good luck.
Shouldn't be any pike in Davis. Not since they poisoned it last.

Wow!..use to be the joke..everything south of Doyle is LA. Frenchman is good for hold over planters, Davis is kinda shi%#y. But the Doyle area is alright. Go to Eagle or Almanor for better trout.

I’d rather fish Davis than Frenchman, but I’ve never been a big fan of Frenchman. Antelope is great but I don’t go out there much, it’s a bit far and I’d pass great fishing to get there. Pretty sure it burned all the way around it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom