dr appointment FINALLY!

S

stinkystomper

woooohooooooo i finally got a dr appointment. i finally got diagnosed after many years and im headed to scotsdale arizona april 5th! mayo clinc bound baby! just kidding kinda, ive actually been putting it off as the resulting surgeries didnt initially sound good but its time to face the music. thats kinda why im writing this. i was wondering if there are any medical types out there that might give me a little good news as for surgery options and where technology is at. arterial venus malformation is what i have and its in the artery coming out of my heart in my right lung. needles to say i havent swam ran or overly exerted myself in 7 years. very controlled lifting has been my only form of weight control and its advancing to the point i have to do somethin. so any words from
anyone who knows what the hell im talkin about? am i lookin at an easy fix? loose the lung? i heard foam plugs will get me a 20% or better chance at death. i just really dont wanna face the music and figured maybe some hard asses on here might have some answers and a little more insight into this issue as i didnt like the original diagnosis and options. and no this isnt a joke just dont wanna get blindsed when the dr sits me down

BLA BLA BLA, Dude english please. Good lord shorten that stuff. Why waste so much text when you type?? Get to the point and be done!!! Grizzmoose ya hear me?

I'm not an MD, but the 'doc' part of my nick comes from me bein' a health care scientist, board certifed and all. I'm the research guy...or was, since I'm a retired old fart now.

What you described is actually (Pulmonary) Arteriovenous Malformation.

Normal folks have blood flow from the heart via arteries, into the capillary bed then into veins and back to the heart. Something...leison, whatever, goofed up in you and in one area your blood bypasses the capillary bed. And it can happen nearly anywhere.

Most folks who have it don't even know they have it.

The two most popular fixes are to block it off (is this why the plug reference?) or to remove it.

In many cases the folks who get it blocked off can go home the same day.

>woooohooooooo i finally got a dr
>appointment. i finally got diagnosed
>after many years and im
>headed to scotsdale arizona april
>5th! mayo clinc bound baby!
>just kidding kinda, ive actually
>been putting it off as
>the resulting surgeries didnt initially
>sound good but its time
>to face the music. thats
>kinda why im writing this.
>i was wondering if there
>are any medical types out
>there that might give me
>a little good news as
>for surgery options and where
>technology is at. arterial venus
>malformation is what i have
>and its in the artery
>coming out of my heart
>in my right lung. needles
>to say i havent swam
>ran or overly exerted myself
>in 7 years. very controlled
>lifting has been my only
>form of weight control and
>its advancing to the point
>i have to do somethin.
>so any words from
> anyone who knows what the
>hell im talkin about? am
>i lookin at an easy
>fix? loose the lung? i
>heard foam plugs will get
>me a 20% or better
>chance at death. i just
>really dont wanna face the
>music and figured maybe some
>hard asses on here might
>have some answers and a
>little more insight into this
>issue as i didnt like
>the original diagnosis and options.
>and no this isnt a
>joke just dont wanna get
>blindsed when the dr sits
>me down

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

ive heard that. they say what the problem is in my case is that when my heart rate gets up i start caughing up lots of blood and as of lately lung tissue. they said if they put a foam plug in where its at theres a real good chance it will release and thats it. they also said a sure fire way to fix it is to remove that lung. i kinda like two lungs so im hoping the mayo clinic has good news as their suppose to be the best at this but to hear it could be just an in and out surgery gets my hopes up. thanks for that bit of information. i really do appreciate it fed. im just a sissy is all. i keep tryin to tell myself that.

Yea, I kinda like the two lung thing. Have you thought about a second opinion? Have they told you that they *must* remove the entire lung...or is a partial removal a possibility?

>ive heard that. they say what
>the problem is in my
>case is that when my
>heart rate gets up i
>start caughing up lots of
>blood and as of lately
>lung tissue. they said if
>they put a foam plug
>in where its at theres
>a real good chance it
>will release and thats it.
>they also said a sure
>fire way to fix it
>is to remove that lung.
>i kinda like two lungs
>so im hoping the mayo
>clinic has good news as
>their suppose to be the
>best at this but to
>hear it could be just
>an in and out surgery
>gets my hopes up. thanks
>for that bit of information.
>i really do appreciate it
>fed. im just a sissy
>is all. i keep tryin
>to tell myself that.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Stinky?
I don't know much about your condition, but I can tell you one thing you're going to the right place. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale is the best of the best?
Good Luck?.

coughing up lung tissue. Jeezus!!! I think I would have done something a long time ago.

Good news is that your big enough you could carry an iron lung around if you had to.

Get yourself fixed up, because if you ever got laid up we would get inundated by your crazy posts.

I have an AVM in my right occiptal lobe. Found it during my swimming days in college. When I overexert myself it leaks and gives me more than few problems. I had the surgery schedualed and the doc decided it would mess me up a little too much. He later told me if they had done it I would most likley have lost my childhood memorys. I have lived with it for my entire life. When I push myself too hard now I get very dizzy and have vision problems. Sorry to hear that Stinky, best of luck with the surgery.

thats exactly what happens. it gets to the point where i cant breathe so i go for a quick hard run. after 2 minutes i cough up tons of blood n crap and can then breathe great for a few weeks. however at altitude now it just starts pouring blood and i get sick to my stomache dizzy and naucious. the dr's around here are all clueless thats why they are sending me to the mayo clinic. no offense but its pretty cool that you have my same condition. im feeling better and better about all this.

This may surprise some of you, but Im no doctor. However I recommend doing some VERY hard full on 200 yard sprints. Don't work up to it just start running as hard as you can. Maybe try that at about 10,000 feet.
:)

When I saw the thread title I thought maybe you were having your ego removed. ;-)

Sorry to hear about this stinky, but if something happens i'll be a nice guy and go on the hunts that you have booked already. You wouldn't want them to go to waste would you? In all seriousness I hope that everything turns out ok. Let us know the report after the doctors appointment.

Stinky, the doc told me about 1 in 5 have an AVM. They just don't have any problems. An AVM is simply place where you have a cluster of arteries and veins together. An area that is rich in capillaries. I am not sure if most people with AVMs don't push hard enough to see the problems or if it's only in cetain areas that is causes problems. Either way good luck with the surgery.

...there is a god...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

"needles to say i haven't swam ran or overly exerted myself in 7 years."

Take care of yourself and get better stinkbug.
In the meantime, have Tara call me.

>This may surprise some of you,
>but Im no doctor. However
>I recommend doing some VERY
>hard full on 200 yard
>sprints. Don't work up to
>it just start running as
>hard as you can. Maybe
>try that at about 10,000
>feet.
>:)
>
>When I saw the thread title
>I thought maybe you were
>having your ego removed. ;-)
>

+100
I'll even drive you to the tallest mtn for your sprints.

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-12 AT 00:06AM (MST)[p]I hope with all your challenges you re think your attitude towards other here on MM. Especially the poor and those less fortunant. I know as I have said before there has to be good in you. Search your soul ya dickweed!!! Hope all goes well, might I suggest a phsyc doctor to help ya out. :)

rofl. u guys r killin me. so whos takin me up the mountain for my run lol.
and just so u guys know they already think i have a low self esteem so they have set me up for an ego enhancement surgery. and then theres the matter of my wife n hunts. every man for himself with my hunts. the wife on the other hand is an entirely different deal. shes a little hard to hold on to. if h can handle guys hitting on her constantly and the fact that tequilla makes her clothes fall off then shes yours. oh, and shes high f'n maintenance! good luck with that one guys

I rarely post on the campfire, I just read for entertainment of some of the stupid crap y'all say. But if this guy comes on here and says he has a potentially serious medical problem and you guys talk the s**t you guys do and has any real meaning behind it then you guys trully are #####***ds..... You fill in the blanks....and it ain't weeds.......

>I rarely post on the campfire,
>I just read for entertainment
>of some of the stupid
>crap y'all say. But if
>this guy comes on here
>and says he has a
>potentially serious medical problem and
>you guys talk the s**t
>you guys do and has
>any real meaning behind it
>then you guys trully are
>#####***ds..... You fill in the
>blanks....and it ain't weeds.......

None yet, Im pretty sure stinky can not only handle it but probably welcomes it.

TUCC

It so happens that I have 8 bottles of tequilla sitting here.LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-12 AT 11:21AM (MST)[p]It's been 5 days Gator..... How many bottles of Tequilla do you have left?.... Terry

8 Hell it could take all them,But I can be patience.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom