draw dates

mntman

Long Time Member
One of you asked earlier about deer draw dates...
This is what I heard for the remaining species, the CO back door is generally fast (that day or within 2 business days of drawing).
May 8th - Moose and Bear.
May 9th - Deer.
May 14th - Pronghorn.
May 16th-Elk.

If these are correct, good luck fellas! Oh come on moose tag, please show up with my name on it :D

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Thanks for the update, I guess I know what I'll be doing next weekend, sitting in front of my computer typing in my Cid number!

That's a very quick turnaround for bear and moose, given the tag numbers will be approved the same day at the commission meeting. Guess they'll be waiting with their finger on the button.

Yes it would but like I said if these are correct.?.?.?

Mntman

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Looks like so far your draw dates are as you predicted! They must approve tag numbers and do the computer draw right away.

LAST EDITED ON May-09-14 AT 08:43AM (MST)[p]if the pattern stays true you will be able to check the back door method later this evening. however actual results won't be available for about 2 weeks.

Mntman

>What exactly is the backdoor method?
>Pref. points?

Like he said below, However if you go to purchase habitat stamps and other licenses online through their website if you scroll to the bottom it will show you all of your applications and codes, if you drew there will be an additional code for the same species. So using the two you can figure out if it was a 1st choice or if it was one of your 2nd/3rd/4th choices.

Mntman

Elk drawing is the 16th, so they should be up by the 17th

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

1 more point for me too. I put in for an almost sure thing. I don't know if I believe it what is showing right now. Don't loose hope yet.

Anyone heard of someone's points going to zero yet? My Dad also put in for what should have been a sure thing and is showing an additional point.

Not sure wth is up here. My pts went up as expected for 2014, wife shows 0 from 2013 after being put in for a 0 pt unit this year and should have drawn easily, son shows 1 pt for 2014 for the same unit I put his mom in for. Thinking there are some issues going on here with the system.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Yes, there seems to be something wrong. I applied with 10 points for a unit that only required 3 points last year and it now says that I have 11 points.

LAST EDITED ON May-10-14 AT 10:35AM (MST)[p]I had 6 pts going into this year, last year was 100% draw with 6pts 47% with 5 my points now shows 7

tailchasers,
If you go into the draw with zero points and you are successful, it will not update the preference point totals to 2014. Your wife was successful and your son was unsuccessful.

Thank you for the clarification ColoradoOak. Not what I expected so either a pile of new people applied for this unit or tag numbers were reduced which would be ok. Still will make for a great fall season.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom