Draw Loc

xbow

Was curious if anybody would share their opinion on hunting with a draw loc. I have a permit to you a crossbow, but was thinking about giving it a try just had a few questions. It seems to me as if it could get in the way at times as you were walking. It also seems as if it could be difficult to draw back with out being busted on your stalk. Do you typically draw it back ahead of time and carry the bow around already drawn back?
Thanks in advance I appreciate any insight anybody can give me.

There used to be a show on that endorsed them big time. I dont remember the name but it was hosted by an ex heavyweight boxer, someone will remember. They look like a good idea and I was going to get one to use after I dislocated my shoulder playing softball but the g&f told me it had to be a permanent injury to get a permit to use one. I would imagine its like anything else, it will take a while to get used to and learn the best way to carry it and draw it unseen. Definitely a preferable alternative to a crossbow in my opinion. You may want to check on archerytalk.com, they have a section on crossbows and I have seen a link to a website about handicapped bowhunting that may give you some more info. Good luck and keep us updated on your decision and experience.

Has anybody seen what affects they have on the limbs of the bow? I'm not sure about have the limbs at full draw for an extended period of time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom