Draw odds made easy

Thanks for the link to Toprut. Just for the heck of it, I compared the draw odds on the link to Hunter's Trailhead and they don't jive. I looked at two different units and none of the draw odds were the same. For example GMU 76 NR elk early rifle shows 50% draw odds with 17 points on Toprut and Hunters Trailhead shows 62.5% with 21 points. 76 elk muzzy shows 17% with 17 points on Toprut and HTH shows 86% with 18 points. I don't have time today to do the math but it would be good to know which site is accurate.

I really like the layout on Toprut.

+1 Hghmtn. Neither trailhead or toprut is right. Use the cdow website chart for the real stats on how many people applied and drew with x amount of points.

fallguy -

I'm one of the creators of toprut.com.

After seeing your post I went and double checked our data for those two hunts against the information provided by Colorado in their 2015 elk recap report. The numbers we have do in fact match what's on Colorado's report (those were non-res hunt odds). CPW reports are of course our data source in the first place. By compiling everything and organizing it we are hoping it brings some value to the hunt community. And as others have hinted, we too would suggest verifying the info against the state reports when it comes down to the final decision of where to apply.

toprut:

Thanks for checking on the accuracy of the numbers and for the resonse. The way you guys have everything laid out sure beats scrolling through 900+ pages on the CPW site to look at draw odds. Plus you have multiple states on one website.

The numbers on the CDOW site for those two hunts mentioned are wrong (contradictory) so easy to see why there is some confusion.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom