Draw Odds Report

FlyFool

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggame/pdf/2011_biggame_odds.pdf

here is the link to the numbers for this year for those who may not have seen it already. I have a few observations and questions. 1st, 2160 people applied for the Antelope Island deer tag. not surprising that tag had the worst odds of drawing. by comparison 1 of every 222 resident applicants drew for the Henries rifle deer tag.

my question though is on the numbers for the general hunts. According to this report there were people that put in for the Northern general rifle deer and muzzleloader deer that didn't draw but there are left over tags. Why? Also on the general archery deer it says the resident quota is 14451 but there were only 14330 successful applicants with 727 unsuccessful. were did the other 121 tags go? just curious if anyone knows the answers. maybe Amy can fill us in. Thanks

nripepi is correct. The drawing odds report only reflects a hunter's first choice. For example, if Hunter Joe happened to draw a limited-entry permit, he would get that instead of his first-choice general deer permit. He would be listed as "unsuccessful" for the general deer permit.

If the permit goes to someone who listed it as a second or third choice, then that is not reflected in the drawing odds report. So the report might make it look like there should be leftover permits when there really aren't any.

I hope this answers your question, FlyFool.

Thanks for the Reply Amy. So I guess my question is were there general archery deer tags given to people with it listed as their second choice? Are the numbers listed in this report only for first choice or do they include people who listed a hunt choice 2,3, 4 ect..? I guess I was under the impression that these numbers were for people who listed that hunt as their first choice. Thanks

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom