Draw process?

HUNTNNW

Been reading the regs online and trying to figure out how the draw works first time to apply here. I understand that you purchase your hunting license and do you also buy your deer tag and etc to apply or do they charge your credit card if drawn? I see you can have your license refunded if not drawn, but what if your not drawn for a deer tag? is this refunded? thanks

First thing you must do just to be eligible for the draw is purchase a general hunt license. You will not be able to aplply without it. To hunt big game in New Mexico you will also need to get the Habitat improvement stamps, you can buy them with your gen hunt license or later down the road before you hunt. Don't go hunt without your stamps, I accidentally did once. Once you have purchased your license go ahead and apply for all the hunts you want. You will have to put up the full amount for each tag at the time your applying. There is a non refundable $5 application fee for every hunt you apply for. You can use credit or debit cards. Once the drawing takes place you will get refunded for any tags you didn't draw with exception to the application fees. If you change your mind after you put in an application you may cancel it and put in a new application. But you will not get refunded for that cancelled application until the draw.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom