Draw Question Regarding Gen Elk Season and PP

nmmuley

Guys,

After looking over the draw odds reports from last year, am I correct in stating that if you were a nonresident and you had a General season elk tag as your second choice on your 2009 app, you didnt draw a tag? Eastmans had a paragraph claiming that you could save your preference points every year and still draw a Gen Season elk tag by selecting a limited quota unit with tough odds as your first choice and then the Gen season as your second. Seems to me that since the draw considers everyones 1st choice before moving on to the second choice, you couldnt draw a Gen season tag as your second choice unless the number of gen season tags is greater than the total number of people that selected gen season elk tag as their first choice. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Michael

Thats the way it worked the first year people had points, they changed the way they draw now, and you are right.

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I had my facts straight before going into this year's draw with 3 PP.

If you had drawn for a special general license in 2009 there were more tags available than there were applicants so you would have drawn a tag as a second choice. But this was the first time that this had happened and there isn't any way to know how the draweing will go in 2010.

On the regular price license there were almost 2,000 people who didn't draw.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom