draw results question

UtahMountainMan

This was my first time actually trying to draw a tag in WY. Are there every any backdoor ways of checking draw results at any point?

How does WY post results? Do you get an email or do you have to wait for a certain date and check the website?

Thanks in advance, good luck to everyone!

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

No backdoor ways in Wyoming. The results are only known when they post them on the G&F website and it will be before the end of this month for elk.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-15 AT 11:18AM (MST)[p]There is a "sort of" back door method by going to the state auditors page and searching on your name in the vendor search to see if you have a refund coming or not. I think this usually comes up a day or two before the official results.

Last year, results were posted 2/24.

Is that typically when they have posted in years past, end of Feb? This is my first go round for Wy elk.

I heard the dept was no longer using the state auditor for refunds. If I remember, I will ask when I talk with them in the next day or so. JM or Buzz may know.

>I heard the dept was no
>longer using the state auditor
>for refunds. If I remember,
>I will ask when I
>talk with them in the
>next day or so. JM
>or Buzz may know.

I believe the Auditor backdoor deal wasn't really reliable a lot of times and also you're right in that I believe the G&F now doesn't have the State Auditor involved with refunds any longer. I can't, however, remember the exact reason for the switch they said they were going to and whether it was for efficiency, money savings, or maybe a combination of things.

Was told by Director Talbott that warrants will be issued again this year by the Auditors Dept. I think it ends next year.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-15 AT 05:45PM (MST)[p]Thanks JM! Could you briefly explain why they are changing if you know, as WB and I knew it was coming, but thought it was in effect this calendar year?

Tried searching today on the auditor site, nothing came up for me.

Anyone else try it and see a refund due?

pilgrim?"

Somebody said the auditors site would not post until after the draw results are posted...?

Who knows...

Because I was the kind of kid who lindked to try and peek at my Christmas presents rather than wait for Christmas lol.

>Why not wait until the results
>are posted?

pilgrim?"

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-15 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]The auditors report will NOT work prior to the results being published by the Dept. for the 2015 NR Elk draw.
The draw dept told me a few days ago that they specifically asked the Auditors Office to withhold the refund warrant report from publication until the draw results are posted.

No more Sneak Peek.

I did the auditors search last year and they didn't post refunds until after I found out on Wy G&F website, So ill plan on using G&F again.

I don't think all the refunds are processed. I can't tell as I didn't send in the extra point money, but it won't find mine and it was a random draw for a tough draw application.

Is this some cruel joke? I'm not getting the link to work either. Where do you go to get this link as I can't recall if I applied for the point either.

nothing showing for me, i had about 1% chance of draw in the random.

i dont think it is 100% correct yet

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-15 AT 08:23AM (MST)[p]It works...
It's locked up from to many users, and search results are affected...It showed we are getting a 50.00 point refund, so we drew something.

A lot of guys on Bow-site are showing tag refunds

Well everyone.......I tried to log on and let it sit for awhile trying to access. And CRAP! it showed me getting a refund.

Maybe some of you don't wanna peek at the packages under the tree.

Good luck,

n

I don't get it? Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I got to the site, put in my last name and did the search but nothing happens other than the counter starts, runs for about 30 seconds, then stops and the page looks the same. Tried it also searching only the Game and Fish Commission under Department and the same thing. I'm assuming I don't have to go thru the list page by page??? Sorry for the stupid questions but others seem to see something but I just get the same page it started with at the beginning of the search???

try putting in your first & last name. That's what I had to do to check my nephew's results. Didn't come up with just last name.

If it doesn't show 040 Game & Fish on the right under department, for all that's listed after your search, its not searching. Just wait awhile and try again. I think to many people are trying and its crashing.
You need to select 040 Game & Fish under department, and enter the last name of the person your searching.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-15 AT 09:40AM (MST)[p]Junior - That's exactly what I did and nothing. I am expecting to draw but not a slam dunk. If I drew and didn't apply for the point, not sure why my name would come up as my card has already been hit. So I'd not get a refund anyway. So I'm not sure what it would show if I drew?
I also went down the list and found someone who got a refund, typed in their name and hit the search and nothing changes....same page displays as when the search counter started so I'm not sure what it should look like? Should it display the search results only or ?? Gotta stop drinking coffee!

How I interpreted.
If you applied with point option.

Point refund, you got first choice.
No point refund, you got second choice.

If you didn't apply with point option, and didn't get a refund, you drew either first or second choice. No way of knowing.

Tag refund, you struck out.

Think I might just wait till Friday and check the draw results. I assumed that if I go down the list and find a name that got a refund and searched on that, it should display a summary or something but the counter goes about 30-40 seconds then stops and the page looks just the same. Also checked my cc statement and nothing posted so I'll just need to chill and go do something more productive!!!

G&F just posted that the results will be online tomorrow 2/26 at 10AM MST! My friend did the backdoor and is getting a $50 PP refund, which means he drew his 45-9 tag and we're going hunting!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-15 AT 10:46AM (MST)[p]Time for me to get a new girlfriend in the Dept. or the Auditors Office messed up. Good luck to you guys.

Looks like I'm going to be cashing a refund check.

That's about what I expected though after burning my max points last year and starting over with zero this year.

No refund looks like Unit 108 Cow / Calf for us, just need my lope tag for same unit and will be in good shape

I don't get outta bed before dark unless I gun or a pole in my hand

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-15 AT 04:22PM (MST)[p]Here's the link again. It usually takes me 3 or 4 minutes to get it to come up. Then enter your full name in the "Search for" box and select the Game and Fish Commission 040 and the search icon will start spinning! I tried this several time earlier today and it just didn't work then finally it worked.

http://sao.state.wy.us/EFT_PAYMTS/EFT_Search_Page.aspx

>Looks like I finally did not
>draw the Special General 2nd
>choice.......Anybody else?

Sorry to hear that, delmag....looks like I drew again 2nd choice. It will be interesting to hear how many did not.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom