Draw results....

Muleys24Seven

Well like clockwork a post on when draw results will be posted. Last year I believe they were posted June 13. What do you think the chances are they will be posted on next Friday or before?

Thanks

I can wait as long as it takes if they'll just give me a Unit 57 Antelope tag! Fingers and toes crossed! Good luck everyone!

>I can wait as long as
>it takes if they'll just
>give me a Unit 57
>Antelope tag! Fingers and
>toes crossed! Good luck
>everyone!
+1

I have a feeling friday is the day! basing it off the fact that its been out a week early past two years, and its been this week. (maybe I'm wishful thinking)

Wyoming draws were posted on JUNE 12, 2014 A THURSDAY....

So will it happen in 2 days or will it be 3 days.....just have to wait and see.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Can't see them releasing on Saturday the 20th, someone would have to be working to release them, that's not going to happen...my guess is Friday the 19th.

Not looking good for a tomorrow draw result! Nothing posted on the DWR website informing usof it like usual?

Thoughts guys?????

Some guy at work said he called and they said the 18th or 19th. I said why bother them with a phone call and just check the site that will tell ya the day before

Think their fingers got ahead of them when typing, think they meant WFGD...Wyo Fish & Game department.

Or maybe they have changed to WYO Wildlife Resources??

Brian

>>What is DWR?
>
>Division of Wildlife Resources.

If that's what it means then I'm guessing he was talking about Utah then, and not Wyoming.

>>>What is DWR?
>>
>>Division of Wildlife Resources.
>
>
>
>If that's what it means then
>I'm guessing he was talking
>about Utah then, and not
>Wyoming.

Yep; in Utah where he lives it's called the DWR and in Wyoming it's the G&F. He just used his state's terminology for the same basic wildlife people in Wyoming.

Well looks like we have another 7 days of misery waiting for the results of draw.
Just found out that I did not draw a thing in Kali again, damn it has been 30 years since I last had a Deer tag.

Brian

Most likely in 7 more days unless they feel sorry for us NR waiting so long....I doubt that though.

Brian

I hope they come out earlier, the anticipation sux, I drew a late season archery blacktail tag in Cali now I can't wait for wyo results, been fishing in the area wer putting in for in Wyoming and its gorgeous country , seen some nice bucks in the summer , been puttin in for a few years now, got lucky in Cali, hopfuly it carries over to wyo, and Yes I'm new to this site

Would you guys feel more confident with 5 points in the regular draw or 4 points with special draw?

I would think that just about everyone with 4 points this year would be doing special. Nobody wants to risk it this year and it's bound to be a close one with 4-5 points. I have 5 points, and I'm really hoping I draw. I just think the sepcial pool might not be too special this year because it's probably overloaded at 4 points. What do you think?

HJB

Yes, a lot of years for certain draws the special point pool had worse odds then the regular pool, but mostly for the limited areas...I assume you're talking general deer tag region G. That area has been pumped up a lot too so it'll be interesting to see what it takes to draw it.

I think for G this year the regular draw will take 5+ and special close to 4+. I think if you are sitting 5.0 and 4.0 in each you will fall into the % but not guaranteed. I think regular will end up 40-50% with 5 and 80-90% in the special. This is just a guess but does take into account endless spreadsheets and the "hype". LOL

Time will tell... should be soon I would think and we will all know.

Anyone know if u get the extra money you put in for the special refunded also if you don't draw??

It should be a good horn year in G. I live close to Region G and the bucks I've been seeing are heavy and tall. Even the little two points are impressing the ladies.

>...I assume
>you're talking general deer tag
>region G.

Yes, I guess I should have specified that. Sorry.

I have 5 points (Regular Draw). And I have a group of buddies that combined for 4 points (Special Draw). I'm just thinking that everyone with 4 points is going to be on edge and extremely nervous about drawing a tag. For that reason (and that it's going to be an epic year in G) I think just about anyone with 4 points would be dumb not to do the "Special" draw.

>I think just about anyone with
>4 points would be dumb
>not to do the "Special"
>draw.

Agree to a point, it's still almost $600 and that's a steep bill. Plus, you have to remember that while many hear the hype most think, hey I've got 4-5 points, I can draw regular and don't take into account lots of things.

It is looking good up there but that's also a bad thing as you will see heavy resident pressure too with more hype. It's been building the past few years and until Wyoming decides that "management" means regulating resident tags too who knows how crazy it might be this year. Still cracks me up that they even play with NR tag numbers yet resident is unlimited and wide open

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-15 AT 09:43AM (MST)[p]>you have
>to remember that while many
>hear the hype most think,
>hey I've got 4-5 points,
>I can draw regular and
>don't take into account lots
>of things.

I put in with 4 points last year with that mentality and joind the 20% that got screwed. This year it's probably going to happen to the guys with 5 points. Anybody with 4 points that knows the odds and has followed the hype should be doing special. I think that pool with be pretty big this year.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-15 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p]laffin... nah... I'm a Wyo/Kemmerer native, I'll keep coming back and us non residents aren't doing jack to mess up hunting in G. Seriously... you don't have to worry about us, they limit us. So I stay home, someone else will have a tag. The NRs walking into your woods is a fixed number you can plan on every year, can't say that for the Residents

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-15 AT 11:11AM (MST)[p]
I didn't want to make this a rez vs non rez bashing session. I only wanted to point out I would be in panic mod right now, if I was still a non rez. I would be sitting on 3 points in the special for Region G. That would qualify me for the random pool with little chance of drawing. Random can happen for example my dad had 1 point special last year and drew. His friend had 2 point regular and drew last year. They both had less than 10% chance. I think many people both rez and non rez love to hunt Region G,It just a beautiful place.

>Oddnut,those darn residents are just ruining
>the hunting in G aren't
>they. Maybe you should just
>give up and stay in
>utah.

Nobody is "ruining" region G, it just needs to be managed better. Region G has some of th best genes for Mule Deer in the world. That precious resource needs to be preserved and managed in a way that keeps it a trophy mule deer unit forever. Allowing unlimited people to hunt it is a big mistake.

RoadlessHunter - I couldn't agree more and wasn't trying to make it that way.... but simply put, little sarcasm laced with stay home in Utah is just funny to me. Non residents are limited to how many of us can hunt there, residents aren't. If G is getting extra pressure or the hills are fuller this year it's not because of us headed into the hills.

G is great, grew up there, camp there, fish there, hunt there when I can. I still have family in Kemmerer and Afton. Let's be honest, really I just want to go back home to shoot better fireworks and buy good beer... forget the hunting :)

Whenever they do decide to post results can't get here soon enough... With all the point creep talk, I feel like I'm sitting on the "bubble"!

If your talking G I agree. I bet 5 or more in the special to draw it. Cant remember seeing an off season with as much hype about a single unit. Comparable to what happenef with 109 after that toad was killed in the late season a few years back.

It wont be long before Residents have to draw. And Roadlesshunter will wish he had stayed where he was. Sorry couldn't resist.

>It wont be long before Residents
>have to draw. And Roadlesshunter
>will wish he had stayed
>where he was. Sorry couldn't
>resist.

Wont that be a great day, when resident hunters get to be in the same state of misery as non resident hunters as we watch it take an ever increasing number of years to draw a tag that was once purchased at Walmart.

When the residents have to starting drawing that unit, you non res will not see very many tags when that happens IMO. Unfortunately the deer need to be managed as a LQ area, but when it does you won't touch that tag with 5 points, better get ready to wait. So if that sounds like a "great day", well we probably wouldn't see eye to eye.

I didn't even put in for a LQ areas for deer. I prefer the general tag. I have enough family members to be in region G every year, if they make it LQ. We would all put in separate to ensure someone draws each year. Then we tag along with those that draw. Multiple bucks down in the high country can be a problem with to many tags. We are backpack hunters and cover 10 miles a day.

NWH, I am a resident and perhaps my sarcasm did not come across. If I thought for even a second that over-harvest of bucks was responsible for the decline in western wyo mule deer herds then I would agree we need to manage it as LQ. I will point to the winter or 2011 as all the justification I need. Over harvest of bucks is not the limiting factor. Until then I will continue to enjoy, every year, a good hunt in great country. It will be a sad day when that changes.

I'm not currently a Wyoming resident, but I was for a 4 year period so I can relate. We as nonresidents are lucky to have Wyoming as a resource to hunt. I consider it the best state out of the bunch. At a drop of a hat it could be like Montana or Idaho in the LQ arena, then what. Wyoming has given me a Boone & Crockett moose and cougar, my largest elk and mule deer too! I'm still in the running for a sheep tag, something I cannot say of Montana or Idaho. If the only thing a resident of Wyoming gets over us is to hunt G or H every year than so be it...it's their state so they deserve it!!! We are welcomed guests there, what more can you ask for!

I'm still pushing for Wyoming to change tag allotments to 90% resident, 10% nonresident. Go ahead and hate me nonresidents but it will happen eventually. He he ;)
[font face="verdana" color="green"] Jake

Talked to Wyoming Game and Fish and they just received an e-mail saying that results will be posted on Friday June 19th, at 10:00.

Good Luck everyone!

www.VIPOptics.com

Optics for Western Hunters...
Sold by Western Hunters.

>I'm still pushing for Wyoming to
>change tag allotments to 90%
>resident, 10% nonresident. Go ahead
>and hate me nonresidents but
>it will happen eventually. He
>he ;)
>[font face="verdana" color="green"] Jake

If WY did this it would actually be a step in the right direction. Right now there is NO allotment at all. You could have everyone in the state hunt G as it sits right now.

If people are happy with the way it is, why limit the non-residents? Lets just all go hunt it! What's another 5,000 people on top of the 10,000 residents that hunt it?

That place needs a management makeover. I can understand why the residents don't want to change. If I could hunt the Henries, Pauns, or any other LE unit in Utah every year I would be thrilled. However, you just have to look at the long term results of limiting the tags. It would be the right decision in my opinion.

Actual a big chunk of the resident vehicles you see around the 15th of September are elk hunter. The residents would rather hunt elk that time of year.

10,000?
Where did you get that #?
Utah has a lot more people/hunters than Wyoming. If Utah had an otc deer tag on a comparable area (terrain/genetic wise) like the Wasatch the deer would be exterminated. (too many harecore hunters)

Matt do you think there are enough bucks to breed all the does in Region G? I do.

When the buck to doe ratios get too low I will agree resident tags need to be limited.

Until then I will enjoy the high country hunting. I hope region G doesn't ever end up like the Pauns or Henry Mtns, most will never hunt those areas in their lifetime and that sucks!

>>I'm still pushing for Wyoming to
>>change tag allotments to 90%
>>resident, 10% nonresident. Go ahead
>>and hate me nonresidents but
>>it will happen eventually. He
>>he ;)
>>[font face="verdana" color="green"] Jake
>
>If WY did this it would
>actually be a step in
>the right direction. Right now
>there is NO allotment at
>all. You could have everyone
>in the state hunt G
>as it sits right now.
>
>
>If people are happy with the
>way it is, why limit
>the non-residents? Lets just all
>go hunt it! What's another
>5,000 people on top of
>the 10,000 residents that hunt
>it?
>
>That place needs a management makeover.
>I can understand why the
>residents don't want to change.
>If I could hunt the
>Henries, Pauns, or any other
>LE unit in Utah every
>year I would be thrilled.
>However, you just have to
>look at the long term
>results of limiting the tags.
>It would be the right
>decision in my opinion.

That post of his has nothing to do with restricting the number of residents hunting deer in G like you're talking about. He's talking about cutting the entire tag structure to that 10% NR limit and if that would ever happen the residents would either have to pony up a lot more money to make up the difference or they would have to have another structure set up to make up for the huge loss in money that wouldn't be coming in from NRs.

Mulecreek, I did not catch the sarcasm but i am glad were on the same page. I have never hunted G but i look forward to the day i decide to go. Good luck on the draw!

G must not be that bad or you guys wouldn't be debating if 5 points is enough to draw. As many have said in prior posts, G is rough country and not all/most residents aren't going to give it a try. Most hunters I know have no desire to hunt G.

Topgun keep throwing out how much resident prices are going to sky rocket if they cut NR tags. If they do so be it,I'm game to pay more. Enjoy your hunt in G this year. And when you're headed back to Michigan please remember to fuel up, buy some souvenirs, because you won't be back to hunt G again. US residents are going to pay your share when wyoming goes to 90/10 split. But for people like 30hart,I hope they dont.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-15 AT 07:35AM (MST)[p]Region G had one good year since the winter 2010 die off. That good year was 2013 and the only year that not a single person in my hunting circle had a tag. We are now in the shadow of that winter kill from 2010/11. It will be a couple years before things will pick up again. I had a tag both 2010 and 2011 and dad drew 2012. The herd was reduced by 70% between my 2010 and 2011 hunt. 2012 we seen some nice bucks and figured 2013 would be good. That is my opinion of G.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-15 AT 07:31AM (MST)[p]>^^^^ Very well said.

If that was true, NRs wouldn't still be paying 80% of the fees G&F collects and if you think the residents can make up a big cut like you two are talking about you would probably buy some swamp land in AZ, LOL! Some may say they'll pay it, but we'll see what happens and I'll pay whatever I have to just like you seem to be saying you will. I also may be back to G in future years to hunt or just recreate and help on others hunts too!

>10,000?
>Where did you get that #?

I just pulled it out of my butt Jake. To be honest, I don't know half as much about G as you guys do. All I know is that region G produces some of the biggest mule deer in the world. In my personal opinion region G has some of the best genes in the world as well. It just seems like there needs to be a little more effort done to protect that resource.

This winter on the region G winter range I was able to see 6 bucks scoring over 200" in just a short drive in one day in one general area. Lots of 180-190 bucks and countless 170 bucks. From what I have been told, it's still nothing like it used to be. I sure would like to see region G come back. I sure don't think issueing unlimited tags to residents is going to help that cause, but maybe I'm wrong.

Topgun,

I am not in favor of 90/10 on elk deer antelope, but you would be surprised at what resident fees would have to be increased to cover it. Not as much as I thought, for sure.

The problem lies in that NR like killing lots of does(deer & ant) and residents might not take up the slack.

JM77 is right...making up the difference wouldn't be that tough on Residents.

We aren't talking that many total tags for type-1 and 2 LQ elk, antelope, and deer.

I don't think Wyoming would have any trouble making up the difference if NR tags are cut back. What would be tough to make up is the killing that they make each year selling points. NR hunters will take quite a bit of abuse but there are breaking points. Oregon is a good example.

But why would anyone from Wyoming care? Heck, they could add a 1% income tax and do away with NR hunters forever. Imagine that......no more Utah or California plates.....well worth the small sacrifice, right?-------SS

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-15 AT 06:45AM (MST)[p]They won't raise resident prices enough to make up the difference. The cry will be that it is discriminatory towards lower income people, especially those with large families. When Idaho DFG tried to do an across the board fee increase, same thing.... But they ended up just increasing nonresident prices a lot. Nonresidents bought fewer tags and licenses. I'm not sure if it was enough less... But what will happen if nonresident quotas are dropped is that they will try to gouge nonresidents for more money. I'm not shure if they will make everything up, but they will stay in business somehow! They are a government agency and do not have to balance the budget or turn a profit to survive. Maybe some services will be cut back and lost, but not enough to matter to enough people to make a difference. Get real and get off raising resident prices enough to make up the difference!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom