Drawing

Still undecided but I'm leaning to 13B first and 17a or 17B 2nd. I usually never put a 3rd, 4th or 5th because all the units I'm interested are filled up in the first pass of the draw.

good luck to everyone

I will put in for two December Coues hunts for first and second choices. No 3rd-5th choices.

Doug~RR

Well the drawing getting closer to the deadline is any one else out there that would like to share?

I went 39-42 muzzy 1st and 35 a&b 2nd. Not much of a need for a third-fourth. Maybe I will get a tag, if not there is always archery.

I think unit 10 has some great bucks-if you know the unit. I have elk hunted there 7 times over the years and seen some real hogs. I have also seen that deer are tough to find in many places. All the potential is there. It is fairly known, but I think a little underestimated. I imagine it is a lot like everywhere else, the more serious hunters get the better bucks!

Put in for 17B first choice and 43-44 second. I ought to get a tag with 6 points.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
funny_new_46.gif

Points for deer. I drew a Colorado deer tag and the wife has a rifle bull tag here. 44B for sheep. 33 Jr hunt for my two kids.

44B north or south Ed? The north side gained a tag and the southside lost a tag this year. I feel that it was a premature decision not based on much history. Many of the sheep on the north side move to the south side throughout the year. This year is going to be tougher on the north because of 3 tags instead of 2. Both are great units for a great ram.
Travis

Last year we took a great ram out of there. Thru the years I believe it has been preceived as a "non trophy" unit becuase of a low average. But I feel that is becuase of hunters not having the experience to know what they are looking at. I know for a fact 170+ is very doable. In fact I believe there is a ram in there that will go 175-178. I have seen him 4 times this summer.
Good luck on your draws!
Travis
www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

I would say the 42 tag is almost a certain, draws are around 70% every year. You ought to have a shot at 10 as well. I would say either way your most likely goin huntin this year. If you get the 42 tag let me know and I will give you some starting points.
Travis
www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

Maddglasser, that's exactly what I was thinking about unit 42. Unit 10 sounds good too except for the harvest success rate is around 17%. I'll keep that in mind on the starting points. I welcome all the help I can get! I'll be in touch.
Quest

That is a great accomplishment AZhunter. You have EVERY right to be proud of that buck. Something about those archery coues deer!
Travis

Good job on the archery coues thats awesome. As for the draw I put in for 35a late Dec 1st, 31 mule 2nd, and the rest 35a coues hunts.

Thanks! Although it's tough watching now from the sidelines. But hey, maybe I'll get that sheep tag, huh! Good luck in the draw to everyone.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-08 AT 11:14AM (MST)[p]I went 12AE smokepole. What's you best guess when the results will post? Sure wish they would bump it up for scouting purposes. Even CA has a quicker turn around time when the draw closes...

Any disadvantage to AZ having the deer draw with elk and antelope?

I am going in with 8 BP's is the Kaibab ML hunt in the 10% rule? Just wondering if I have a shot at drawing this...

M1FAN How many points do you have? Are you a Non-res or Res?I put in for the same hunt with 8 points as a Non-res.I wonder if all the N.R. tags will go to max point holders?
Oilcan

Does anyone know where any of the 4A Antelope tags went this year? I haven't heard of anyone drawing an Az. Antelope tag this year, I know they must be out there somewhere.

BS Hunting Club Co-founder

HEAT, Have either of you been in Unit 4A before? There are a few very respectable goats in the unit.

BS Hunting Club Co-founder

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom