Drew 2nd Choice Wyoming Unit 36 Deer tag?

Anyone recently hunt unit 36 Wyoming deer. Most information I have found is from 2016 and older. Nothing more recent. My son and I are looking to scout some area and wonder if anyone has some general areas to start. Looking to the north seems to hold the deeper cedar canyons. Any thoughts?

Some of the best Coyote hunting in the whole state. Lots of CWD in that unit so they issue far too many licenses. Deer are scattered in all areas but this year I would focus on water with the severe drought. Make sure you have OnX maps.

Highfastflyer, thanks for the response. Sounds like I need to take my .223 along and my digital caller. I have the huntstand app and have marked out all the private property in the unit. Does not appear there are a lot of fences marking the private. Are the named roads in the area legal to drive on through private?

Also looks like most of the water is in the NW corner of the unit so with the drought this is where we planned on starting.

Highfastflyer, thanks for the response. Sounds like I need to take my .223 along and my digital caller. I have the huntstand app and have marked out all the private property in the unit. Does not appear there are a lot of fences marking the private. Are the named roads in the area legal to drive on through private?

Also looks like most of the water is in the NW corner of the unit so with the drought this is where we planned on starting.
Many of the county roads will be marked with signs but many times the BLM signs get vandalized and are non-existent. I recommend you look at both the Fremont county website and the Natrona county website and mark the public roads on your app. You can’t just go driving across any unmarked two track as that is an easy way to get a trespassing ticket. Only publicly accessible lands are huntable so make sure you know which roads are legal access. The county websites are the best source for that. Pre season planning is the key to successful hunting. There is plenty of public land in that area so just know where you’re at. You will have a fun hunt.

Highfast what caliber of bucks are typical in the unit?
I can only speak from my own experience but <20" 2-3 point.
Very tough area genetic and number wise. Greg Anderson is the biologist for the area and is very helpful. The new game warden has very little info about the area. My wife and I hunted in 2019 and were successful.

Highfast what caliber of bucks are typical in the unit?
Typical bucks harvested are 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old bucks but this is a very remote and rugged area with lots of rough country. If you’re willing to work for it and hike off the main roads and get into some of the rugged patch work of private/public lands there are a few tremendous bucks in that area. Don’t go into the area unprepared, have plenty of supplies, extra drinking water, extra fuel and keep your cell phone charged and make sure your vehicle is tuned and ready. You will have a fun hunt.

Anyone recently hunt unit 36 Wyoming deer. Most information I have found is from 2016 and older. Nothing more recent. My son and I are looking to scout some area and wonder if anyone has some general areas to start. Looking to the north seems to hold the deeper cedar canyons. Any thoughts?
How did your hunt go? We are thinking about applying for 36 this year.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom