Drew 52 rifle Idaho!

BIGOLMULEY

So, after applying 20 years in Idaho I was pleasantly surprised to receive not 1 but 2 successful notices!
As many of you know I was in a slight accident a few years ago that left me paralyzed on the right side of my body. I chose these units as they are more glassing as I am not as mobile anymore. I have gotten real good at glassing!
Crazy thing is I bought my general tag already and will need to turn it back. I have been watching a buck for the past 3 years passing him up or on private. He was real good last year (forked cheater, 2 other cheaters and a good frame. He is probably 6 now and was 180-185 last year in the drought. So I am really excited to see what he turns into. So, I will hope to buy a 2nd tag on Aug. 1.
Good problem to have. Plan on scouting the crap out of both areas. 52 opens October 5. So will hunt 2-3 days then head for general on the 10th. Hopefully kill soon, but if not will head back to 52 on the 20th or so and stay in 52 until the end on the 31st. That's the plan anyway.
Then scout 46 for elk a few days before it opens
December 1. Hopefully I will have some friends on that one. I can probably get a deer out but no way an elk. Even the deer will be difficult.
I have a Ranger, but will a truck be better? I plan on hiking in a bit to a higher point and then just glassing all day.
Pretty excited but it will be a tall order from me. If anyone has hunted either before I would appreciate any tips or advice I have heard snakes can be bad. Good times.
Pretty much will quit my job. I don't know how long my body will allow me to keep doing this with my back and leg getting worse every year. I can always find something to do for work. Haha! Priorities. I live in Utah, so not to far away. Feel free to PM me. Hopefully I get to move up there someday. Love that place.
Sorry I did post this in the Idaho forum as well. I care more about the Deer so I figured I would post here as well

Gotta love a dedicated/hellbent buck hunter. I respect your drive through life?s crazy twists.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Good luck BOM! I love your dedication to the hunt. I quit a job over a bluegrass festival! I would definitely do the same for hunting! Self-employed so i shouldnt have to fire myself! Unless the wife starts thinkin she s the boss...

Good for you! I can't wait to see what you fill your tags with this year. Good luck out there.

JASON,......YOU DREW WELL, CONGRATS !! YOU MUST BE IN GOOD STANDINGS WITH THE TAG GODS, WISH I KNEW HOW TO GET THERE. GLASS, GLASS, GLASS, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ADVENTURES...??????.YD.

Cousin drew it last year, it was tough.... migration never occurred when we hunted it . I encouraged him to wait till last week.
But wasn't my tag...
pm for some areas, that will have some deer and if you need any help glassing ect....
Sister drew it once on second draw, about 7 years ago and we were in the thick of things then. Just a fun hunt! Snakes are bad around the Ice caves.... but usually give enough warning to avoid.

89864ralphie.jpg
RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Congrats on the tag. Unfortunately, the unit has absolutely tanked the last decade. An increase in tags plus a couple bad winters have toasted the mature deer. I had two buddies with the tag last year. After not seeing anything over 150", they ate them. But it's still hunting, so I know I wouldn't complain!

Elkboy, there's some truth but you think every unit within 50 miles of Sun Valley is crap now. It's well documented. I understand it's maybe not what it used to be but with effort you can find a good buck in 52. Some hope is better than all pessimism.

There certainly is some truth to that! The last three winters have produced two big humdingers on the ol mule deer.

Just wanted to give you my report from my two buddies last year. Guess I'll play the pessimist then. I'm sure there is a wacker buck out there. There?s probably one in every unit in the state. But we need a few mild winters to help a few deer mature.

Jason,

I have admired your perseverance and I am glad you got a tag. I always look forward to your pictures and I expect that a big mule deer will lose the battle with you this year. Keep us posted.

Rich

Awesome deal, give it h#ll. Hope to see a monster buck this fall with your tag on him.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I appreciate it! Will give it my all of course. You can't just give up when life makes it hard. Thanks for all the help!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom