Drew AZ 23 South Archery Elk

F

FPK

Since I am rapidly approaching senior citizen status, I thought it was time to cash in my 15 AZ non-res. pref. pts. I drew 23 South archery and was wondering if there is anyone out there with any knowledge they are willing to part with. Anything at all would be helpful, even if it's as simple as a general location to camp. I will be scouting the area in mid July and plan on talking to everyone I can. This is once in a lifetime hunt, so I don't want to leave any "stone unturned". Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Fred K.

How much hiking are you willing to do? I know a real good area if you are a half man half mountain goat.

I think I remember such a creature (half man/half goat) from my college greek mythology class. Anyway, part of the reason I chose this unit is because of its awesome terrain. I know that to be successful in this unit will require maximum effort; and that's just kinda the way I hunt, so if you can help whatsoever, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Fred K

Why the hell would you put in for a unit that you know nothing about. You drew a premium tag and want others to do your homework for you, i don't think so.

LAST EDITED ON May-23-10 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]I thought thats what forums were for, is to help out our fellow hunter! If you don't want to help the guy then don't say anything at all. You must only hunt az only thats fine most of the out of staters can't just drive down the road to scout. He simply just asked for a starting point. There's nothing wrong with asking. There are people out there that are willing to help.

+2.

Send me a PM. It has been a while but my dad and I used to hunt a couple areas you may be able to hang a tree stand and kill one. I need to dig out a map because this was before the 23N - 23S difference. Both were on old springs and we always saw elk on them. Living in VA, not hunting that unit much anymore.

Thanks guys for sticking up for me. I was hesitant to submit my post and only did so because of the urging of one of my more experienced hunting buddies. I'm just trying to make the most of this tag. I will never draw it again. As I said before, I appreciate any information that any of you may be willing to part with.

Beaner - I sent you a P.M.

Thanks again,

Fred Klemenok

FPK no need to stick up for you,you did nothing wrong.You said you where going scouting and just looking for a little info nothing wrong with that.There are a lot of great guys on here who are willing to share info when ever possible.
For people who put in for multiple states and species it is not reallistic to know everything we need to know about hunting a unit before we even draw the tag which in a lot of cases takes many years..Alot of times i have a pretty good feel for the unit but i also would like any info someone is willing to share to help make the hunt a success.
I don't have any info for you FPK but good luck to you.I will be hunting Arizona for the first time this September in unit 1 for Elk.
Oh and if anyone draws Unit 1 Archery next year let me know and i will be happy to help any way i can.

Don't let being a long distance away stop ya from doing your scouting By asking questions and get ideas from other hunters that has been there and don't mind sharing.
Goggle earth is a great way to look at the unit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom