Drew NV 231 Deer

muleycrazy

So I have one simple question, would like any feed back at all
I drew 231 deer as my 3rd choice, with 5 BP. Would you keep the tag or turn it in and get the pt.....I guess my question is..is it worth 5 pts....??

Next time your trying to be slick....Try
being slicker than a 6 year old.

Keep it for sure big bucks in there pm me and I will try to help you the best I can
7952image.jpg

If you were concerned about it being worth 5 points, why did you even put it on your app? Just sayin'

And yes, regardless, KEEP IT.

Congratulations on a good tag. 231 has been my top archery pick for quit a few years. Problem is I have not been able to draw it. The only help I can give you is to wish you luck and tell you to give it hell getting a big buck.

Bill

Keep it...its a late hunt, isn't it?

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Guess I just didn't do enough research before I applied, Figured that unit would be gone by the 3rd choice that's all

What hunt do you have. Regardless, that is a quality hunt that you don't want to give up. A lot of us would gladly like to draw that tag no matter what the season. Throw out some more info and someone will guide you to some quality hunt areas.

Send it back!!!! Hopefully i am next in line for it! HAHA only kidding, this is an awesome tag. Bruiser bucks in there for sure!

Turn it in
If you come on here and ask that question you shouldn't have that tag
I have 14 pts and didn't draw. Consider yourself lucky

Nogoodtags...you must be a NR..?
My 1st choice...22L
2nd choice...13L

>Nogoodtags...you must be a NR..?
>My 1st choice...22L
>2nd choice...13L
>
>
>
>Next time your trying to be
>slick....Try
>being slicker than a 6 year
>old.

You would take those over a 231?!?!?

This could be the first time I have ever heard somebody wonder if they should turn in a 231 tag and hope for a better one next year. You could ask Randy Ulmer if he would like it.

22L I think is the best deer hunt in the state...so yes I would take that over 231....13 I have hunted a lot and I know it well, just never on the late hunt, great bucks there.

I DIDN'T think you could turn in tags in Nevada. A couple years back I had three tags 1 elk tag and 2 good mule deer tags. I tried to turn in the Nevada deer tag and they said they don't do that.. Have they changed there policy?

>I DIDN'T think you could turn
>in tags in Nevada. A
>couple years back I had
>three tags 1 elk tag
>and 2 good mule deer
>tags. I tried to turn
>in the Nevada deer tag
>and they said they don't
>do that.. Have they changed
>there policy?

Several years ago you had to have a medical issue with proof from the physician now you can turn a tag back in for ANY reason. You do not get a refund but still gain a bonus point. That is my understanding anyways!

Definitely turn it back in. It's a good hunt, but it's not an easy hunt and does require quite a bit of work to find a big buck. You can keep your points and have a chance at it in the future. I've been on two different hunts there since 2006, so I have a bit of experience in the unit.

While elk hunting this unit for the early rifle season last year, I saw a ton of nice bucks migrating out of the Eagle Valley Res area. Wish I had a tag for this area. I didn't draw this year either.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom