Drones

Aceman

My goodness, was my heart a racing, I just saw on a u-tube video the use of a drone to scope out some mule deer. Now that is what I call the way to go, I am excited about when they will be able to mount a gun on the drone and shoot the deer they want. If and when that does happen, Now the use of drones to take the place of actual scouting is what I call a sure way to give the non hunters more ammo to try and kill out sport. Aren't we special. Just another brick in the wall.

They should be the same as aircraft rules can't hunt for 24hrs after flying, or can't use them hunting at all but for scouting purposes only.

Drones are like anything else out there. You can use them for good or bad. It doesn't matter what laws there are, people are still gonna find a way around the law. Just look at atv's and the way folks abuse that privilege.......

I was thinking about drone fishing. Fly out where you can't cast, find fish w a polarized camera lens, drop line from servo-operated reel, drone sets hook and lands fish. Enjoy "fishing" from the comfort of your RV.

I forgot to explain what the video is about: It is an armed drone. There is another one I didn't post where there is a automatic weapon attached. We will have to wait and see what the government does about armed drones.

I personally don't think they are that useful for "scouting" deer. The fish-eye lens makes it hard to find things in the field of view. The video of the drone flying in on the mule deer is cool, but the guy had already seen them, and you can't make out what any of the deer are until the drone is super, super close.

If a different camera was used, it could be a different story, but I don't think you could legitimately expect to fly a drone around a basin and locate animals that easily.

That said, they should be banned from any sort of hunting for game.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom