droptines

N

NAVhunter

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-14 AT 11:30PM (MST)[p]Was curious if eye guards are counted as points or if anyone knows the ruling on on them? Meant. Meant eyeguards.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-14 AT 00:54AM (MST)[p]I'm not sure if I understand your question (the thread title is "droptines"). If you're talking about how westerners categorize normal bucks in everyday conversation, eye guards are NOT counted. Most Coues deer have 3 points per side (plus eye guards), while a lot of muleys don't have eye guards at all >>> "3-pts" or "4-pts" most common.

If your question pertains to actual scoring, here are links to official Boone & Crockett score sheets:

www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/SC_whitetail_typical.pdf

www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/SC_whitetail_nontypical.pdf

www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/SC_muledeer_typical.pdf

www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/SC_muledeer_nontypical.pdf

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

For mule deer, elk and coues deer eyeguards are typically not counted. For scoring purposes, I believe if any point including eyeguards are longer than 1" then it will be counted towards the official score.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom