Drought?

elkfanatic

Just wondering here if anyone else on the January deer hunt saw the amount of big forks and 3s that we did. We hunted in 17 and we didn't see a single 4 point buck just some small forks and big forks and then 3 2x3s.

a friend of mine killed a real nice 4x4 in 21. saw 2 more that came from 37. there wasnt to many big animals this year with the drought,but i did find about a 26" buck in the sands for the second rifle hunt. my sister in law killed a 24" fork for the second rifle hunt in 37. biggest fork ive ever seen.

Last year in my hunting area we saw several 4x4s and two that would easily push 170 this year just 3x3s. Lots of 3x3s! I believe the drought definitely effected antler growth

We hunted some private land in 38, in a typical year we see 10-12 bucks/day. This year we averaged one small buck a day but one day we didnt see a living creature!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom