Dry in Cody area?

its been pretty dry here. lot of the snow banks have melted. grass is dry on the mountain. havent been getting much rain. although the mountains got a little rain a few days ago but not enough..

We have been getting some evening storms with rain. I was out hiking on Monday in the backcountry and the grass looked a little dry. I don't believe that this is an abnormally dry year so far. The horn growth on the bucks I am seeing is very good. There is still a lot of snow way up high. The streams are starting to drop but the Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone was still running muddy today.

I will be up in Cody the end of the month 26th----for a few days.

I can toss ya a few photo's when I get back if ya want.

Robb

Thanks all. Its really dry here in SD so I was just wondering what to expect. If its dry there in September I would expect the elk to be timbered up.

Find the available water and sit on it all day in September if you have to, as elk have to go to water everyday, unlike deer. Whether it's dry or not, bulls in the rut will be hitting it and hopefully it will be during legal shooting hours.

>How are the grizzlies up in
>that country this year?

same as always. always see bear sign and bears in the hills. no deaths yet. at least that i know of.

I sent you an email with an attached photo of 121 that I took yesterday while hiking. The grizzly bears in this area are always a factor. I have only encountered 3 so far this year.
mightyhunter

was up on the mountain over the weekend for a pack trip. the meadows are dry but in the trees it was pretty green. got some rain on saturday enough to soak ya and a little rain today.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom