dual swivels in forend?

need4x4

If a rifle has dual sling swivel studs on the forend, what distance need they be apart to mount a harris bipod on the one nearest the muzzle?

Or what is the standard distance these are placed apart?

Thanks for the help.

Hogue says they will put an additional stud on the thing, wants to know the distance I want them apart. I don't have a harris pibod in hand right now.

I just measured a Harris bipod, you need at least 1 7/8" center to center from stud to stud to clear...

But... You do know that you can still run a sling off of the bipod with only one stud right?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Yes, I know that and don't like that set up all that much. I don't really like having the bi-pod on all the time because many times I have a better option than the prone position. Getting that thing off with the sling on it is a multi step deal.

This is a rifle that I will use when long range shots are needed and weight is not the primary consideration. Maybe leave the bi=pod in the pack and use mostly shooting sticks, but have it as an option when I have to crawl and might really need the bi=pod.

Two rifles ago I had the bi-pod on all the time, current rifle and last rifle, just used shooting sticks.
Went antelope hunting two weeks ago and now I wish I had the bi-pod option.

I wanted to upgrade stocks anyway and want to see what the extra cost is for the added stud.

Thanks for measuring, really appreciate it.

No problem, have a good one..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Other positions that get me closer to a bench rest situation are preferred by me.

So, if I can get a rest on something (anything really) that puts me in a more upright position, but allows for support similar to a bench rest, then I'll take it.

For sure, prone can be very solid. I am not as comfortable in that position as I am in a more upright but supported position.

If I was prone with a better support than a bi-pod, then I'd take that also. I'd rather shoot off my pack than using the bi-pod. The bipod can produce a quicker positioning when you may only have seconds to get it done.

I wear glasses, that may have a little to do with me felling better more upright. Sometimes difficult to get my glasses square to the scope as I am not the most flexible person.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom