Duck mounts done!!!!

lymanboy

Got a couple shovelers mounted. They turned out good..I had never seen a male around Western Washington so when i shot this one decided to have it done. So here they are
47abe8ad7dcf843b.jpg

47abe8bb7e15a1f8.jpg

47abe8bb7e15a1f8.jpg

That Drake has got a look in his eye, "I wonder where the next seawage lagoon is?".

Nice Mounts,

Beanman

Good mature drake Spoonies are beautiful. Very nice! I shot a couple Harlequins here on the coast of N. CA. Pretty rare this far South.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-08 AT 10:04AM (MST)[p]Nice full plumage birds. Spoonies do look nice, but they sure get no respect.

I recently had a friend out, who is a game warden, for the filming of a TV show, Engle's Outdoor Experience. They were out spending some time with this warden, doing a show on a week in a warden's world. They went out with him on patrols and had him take them on a duck hunt or two. One was out at my place, and I couldn't believe it when they shot a drake spoony. (no dis to you, lyman, they are very common here in northern CA) They were holding it in the blind and commenting for the camera on how beautiful and colorful the bird is, and how it doesn't get the respect it deserves. I was on the other side of the blind, doing all I could to stay silent since "I didn't exist" for what they were doing. Jeff Engel and his cameraman seemed like good guys, can't wait to see their show when it comes out.
BUT, they shot a spoony on TV!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom