Dumb Caribou

God that was pathetic I'm still laughing. I'd say the reports she's not a hunter might be true.

Working the bolt and loading shells is quite a challenge, I need me one of those guys to do it. seems like they could have at least put her through hunters ed before the show so she had a clue.

I'm tellin ya!

12 clicks will work every time!

Ask Brow if you don't believe me!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

What I don't get is how would anyone let that be shown? it's her show for christ sakes edit it.

Her youngest daughter said it was a tiny caribou, maybe she should be guiding her mom. as long as she knows how to work the bolt that is.

I thought they were gonna run out of bullets and guns. She should have gotten a bullhorn and given a stump speech, then the Caribou would have shot itself.

Naw! give her a 458 Win. mag and tell her it does not kick and all she has to do is hit within 4 feet of the animal and it will bring it down.

We might get to learn what kind of vocabulary she has when that puppy pounds her shoulder.

I started to watch one of her programs last week. Was only able to take 5 minutes of it. She better stay with firing up the soccor moms and leave it at that. Trying to portray a rough and tough Alaskan sourdough is not her cup of tea and it shows big time.

RELH

Pretty pathetic what our Countries potential leaders are.

It boggles my mind that the names that make the short list are Palin, Obama, Hillary, Huckabee, bloomberg etc.

It is a shame that the effective people in this country would not touch that job.

I kinda thought it was weird on one of her shows when they said they were going fishing!

They ended up going out on a light commercial boat!

I was hoping to see how strong her arms were with some real Rod & Reel action!

I'm with NMPaul!

Anybody that could/would do some good is smart enough to stay clear the Hell away from the job!

What a Shame!

And Obama,WAFJ! (That ones for you 440!)

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Ya but wait til the next episode, the Kardashians come up for a moose hunt in bikinis. Wow,it no wonder america has $#it for brains.

I don't get you guys? she's a chick and she finally got it done with the right gun... what, would you rather see Jon Kerry on a show faking to be a hunter???????

Kerry shot at people and was shot at by people, I bet he can load and work his own gun too.

Com'on Manny you can't save something this funny by saying she's cute.

You give Kerry way too much credit. That photo op on the bird hunt was a joke and he had no idea how to carry a shotgun. I don't care much for Palin but at least she killed an animal which is more than Obama has ever done. He is good at killing jobs though.

Manny,

As a hunter it should bother you that she obviously had not taken the time to shoot the rifle prior to pointing it at an animal.

I posted this because it was such a stupid clip. She either doesn't have the final edit authority or doesn't care how she appears to other hunters.

I was not bashing her for hunting but rather the way she seems unable to even work the bolt on the rifle or for knowing whether it kicks or not. I would not take my girls hunting before they were completely comfortable in operating the rifle they were going to use.

Nemont

As far as asking if it kicks or not. I think that was her just filling dead air space.
Some women (men also) feel like if there is any dead air they have to fill it with some type of blather out of their mouth (my wife does this and it is annoying as hell).

I think she is just talking to talk.

As far as the bolt. No excuses there.

Absolutely not presidential material, but, next to Obama she is as good or maybe better. Obama, just has better "handlers".

Basically, we are F'ed.

Glen, Kerry earned a bonze star,silver star and three purple hearts. I don't care if he knows how to call ducks or not we know he can handle a gun.

With Obama rolling over for the republicans and with Palin just being herself I'm not sure we have to wory about either being president in '12.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-10 AT 01:58PM (MST)[p]Yea,
And to show his contempt for the country that sent him overseas to get those medals he threw them over the wall of the White House and then testified before congress that his fellow servicemembers were a bunch of murdering baby killers.

If you want to extoll the virtues of JK please start another thread, this one is about Palin and her poor shooting and dumb caribou in alaska.

For all the hype about Palin being a hunter one would think she would know how to cycle a bolt on a rifle.

Next week it is camping with Kate Goselin and her brood. This show is bordering on the bizarro world of reality shows. I gave Palin the benefit of the doubt but series makes her look terrible. I guess for a million an episode she can look terrible.

Nemont

Kerry earned his medals and it's a free country, he can say what he wants. and he did, seems a lot of people agreed with him. but you're right this is another subject.

Palin would club baby seals on tv with a pool cue as long as it keeps her in the spotlight an hour longer. she has no intention of running for president this show is proof of that, but if she says so it's going to lower her market value.

Kerry is free to say what he wants but is not free from a majority of people who served and are serving to view him as a sell out.

As they say I would fight like a dog to preserve your right to say it but I will fight just as hard to disagree with what you are saying.

He tried to have it both ways. He served and then threw away his medals and then wanted to wrap himself in the the flag in an attempt to win an election. He couldn't be GWB, enough said.

Palin is her own worst enemy.

Nemont

OK we need to drop this BUT, since Kerry served in nam and was awarded medals for it I would assume he knows more about it than either of us. he was young and passionate as were many at that time about an unpopular war, he earned the right to say whatever he wanted about it. I bet if he had it to do over again he would have chosen his words more carefully, couldn't we all say that about something. while it would be extremy unfair to generalize americans by the actions in My Lai the fact is it did happen and no doubt other times as well, Kerry wasn't 100% out of line. the way nam vets were treated was inexcusable , and I think by watching how the Iraq and Afghanistan vets are treated today proves we as a nation learned from that mistake.

You're right about Palin, if you want to be a rich politician it's best to be rich before you start not try to get rich in the process of becoming one. Palin is a redneck's Lady Ga Ga nothing more.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-10 AT 04:25PM (MST)[p]Last post on JK for me. I have no issue with a person speaking out. In his testimony he implied all or nearly all American troops committed war crimes. It was actually a very small minority. Passion is fine, throwing fellow service members under the bus while they are still being shot at is chicken $h!t by any definition of the code of honor. Why do you think the Swift Boat campaign worked? There were enough around who understood what happened and what he did afterwards to know he did not care what kind of harm his words and deeds brought to those still engaged in the fight, whether it was a popular war or an unpopular one.

That is not to say he didn't earn his medals just that what he did afterward was to treat fellow service members with contempt and add fuel to the fire for the poor way Vietnam Vets were treated. Do you think his testimony did not aid the impression of those who spit on returning troops and called them baby killers? He helped make some of that legitmate by calling them baby killers in front of congress. You cannot erase the past, that is why he was not elected, probably more than any other reason. You can't make chicken salad our of Chicken $h!t.

Palin is a whole different creature who is now more of a clownish caricature of a clueless twit. It is frightening that she could have been the sitting VP.

Nemont

Caribou aren't the smartest critters in the world, only time they seem intelligent is when the cows are with their little ones, then they tend to be as neurotic as turkeys. Now I didn't see the episode you are referring to, but sounds to me like someone sighted her rifle for her (perhaps several years back) and she thought it should still be good. Now that being said it is very foolish to think that way. Yes she should have taken the rifle out and fired it. Like someone said above, when there is dead air space people tend to fill it just to hear something. Wise people usually think twice before speaking once. Politicans just say stuff to fill the void. Now to hop on the highjack train here is what some of Kerry's fellow service memebers have said about him (came from snopes normally I wouldn't use it, but someone here used snopes as a source the other day so it must be kosher):
http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/swift.asp
WVBOWAK

So what if Picken's money was put to good use running Kerry down. Nemont serves as an example of people who haven't forgiven Kerry for what he said and it's only logical there are a lot of nam vets who'd say anything they could to discredit him. so what, there are just as many who testified Kerry was a hero. it doesn't matter anyway and this is trashing a great thread so this is my last post anout Kerry as well.

Back to Palin,

Palin-Overexposure.jpg

Palin's mistake was not shooting the gun before hand, or after the flight.

She's not a hunter. 98% of women aren't. Even the one's who post on here. What did you expect? A female Doyle Moss?

Sara Palin is a cheerleader. Nothing more.

Eel

Once you get past the fact she's cute for an older gal what is there to like?

Did none of you see right before her shooting session, her dad was carrying her gun and fell six feet down the river bank landing face first on top of the rifle. First thing I said was it probably knocked the scope out.

Well then it's still her fault for heading out with a Ronco scope.

If you can't work a bolt it's safe to assume you're not a great shooter.

All of my misses are because of the gun too.

When has she said she is a great hunter with the best equipment?
At least she is out doing it instead of trying to ban it.

I hope she runs, just to watch all the hand wringing the left will do.. and standing next to barry., she looks pretty good

Did you even read the article? the left could only dream she runs.

She might look good but a Playboy shoot won't get her the votes to beat Nader.

I saw the fall RUM and thought the same thing.

It was obvious she isn't really familiar with the gun but many people aren't but it was pretty clear that when she changed guns the caribou died.

Do I want the woman for president? Probably not but if it means the tool that's in there won't be back I'd take just about anyone!

Bill

I guess I need to have somebody carry me an extra gun, it would be faster than reloading and you don't have to check your zero as often.

Someone to work the bold would be handy too.

The only reason Palin for president doesn't scare me to death is you know she's quit as soon as a better paying gig came up anyway. A Vegas hooker is more complex than Palin.

440 its going to be great watching barry and his czars walking away from the white house in 2012.. hope they don;t loot it like the clintons did.. at least the palins will bring some class back to the white house.

While I don't think a woman who wants to be POTUS should have her own reality TV show, I think it's entirely BS to call her stupid for missing those shots when it's obvious the gun was the problem. I take it that Nemont and 440 have never missed a shot and find myself wondering why we don't see either of them competing in target shooting at the olympic games. I honestly don't think Palin will run for POTUS in 2012 because the second she farts, the media will have it on primetime news. It's sad to see fellow hunters stoop to the septic tank just as the media does when it comes to Palin.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

If she were a hunter she would have checked the gun out herself and not relied on someone else to sight in their gun for her, or work the bolt for her, or load shells, or tell her about recoil.

It's not the fact she missed as much as how incompetent and disingenuous she showed herself to be. I think her performance as president would look pretty much the same, just stand there looking cute but dumb until someone fixed it for her.

She will NEVER be president I'll take bets on any time there's a taker.

I have missed plenty but I knew whether the gun kicked or not prior to shooting it. I also was aware of how to cycle a round through the chamber unassisted.

I have nothing personal against her however she is the own who bragged about her hunting not me. This clip should make every hunter cringe who believes in all the things that were taught in hunters safety. Shooting at a skylined animal with a gun she had never fired before and needing someone else to cycle the bolt for her is a pretty sad commentary IMO.

She made herself look bad to anyone who spent 5 minutes hunting and either she does not have editorial control of the show or she has no problem letting herself be protrayed as an incompetent hunter. She missed, not me, she allowed it to be shown on national Tv, not me, she bragged about her being a hunter, not me. Either she lied about being a hunter or they just do it different up in Alaska. I suspect it is the former not the latter.

Nemont

So I guess those who go on guided hunts and elect to use guns that are provided by the outfitter aren't real hunters because they certainly cannot know the guns they are shooting. Suppose you were on a hunt and YOUR personal gun that you knew inside and out malfunctioned and you were unable to use it. Your guide offers you his gun which you know absolutely nothing about so you can shoot your once in a lifetime trophy. Would you turn it down? Don't tell me for one second you would end your hunt because you weren't familiar with the other gun. If Sarah Palin had used the gun that was not the one carried by her father and dropped that animal with the first shot, this would be a non-issue. What exactly is it that makes a person a hunter? Everyone has to learn as they go and in the sport of hunting, if you're not always learning something new, you're not a hunter in my book. Do you guys really think the "hunters" on the hunting shows make perfect shots on every animal? Do you think Ted Nugent is a hunter? At what point in your lives did you call yourselves hunters? Why not stop acting like a bunch of Katie Courics and give her props for A) being someone who likes to hunt, and B) having the balls to show America her true self instead of being a phony like those currently leading this nation into the crapper?

Palin is beginning to remind me more of v.p. joe biden everyday. Sooner or later her mouth and brain are not on the same page. Great fundraiser, poor elected offical. I HAD to quit serving Alaska as governor due to -------------, but I would like to be president? Famous and rich an a celebrity are some poor qualifications to garner my vote.

I guess Palin calling herself a hunter reminds me of clinton. An inexperienced hunter is still a hunter. That whole definition of what is, is thing.

There is only one question you have to ask yourself about Palin, how well known would she be if she looked like Hillary?

Palin who?

I can't seem to figure this one out.

We have a very well know politician that hunts and is pro hunting, but we have a group of hunters that seem to want to tear her down.

The caribou incident was stupid, but she will do more to help the hunter, in general, than just about any other politician.

Excavator

Please explain how that display will help hunters? and she not a politician by much of any sense of the word unless you count losing and quiting.

>So I guess those who go
>on guided hunts and elect
>to use guns that are
>provided by the outfitter aren't
>real hunters because they certainly
>cannot know the guns they
>are shooting. Suppose you
>were on a hunt and
>YOUR personal gun that you
>knew inside and out malfunctioned
>and you were unable to
>use it. Your guide
>offers you his gun which
>you know absolutely nothing about
>so you can shoot your
>once in a lifetime trophy.
> Would you turn it
>down? Don't tell me
>for one second you would
>end your hunt because you
>weren't familiar with the other
>gun. If Sarah Palin had
>used the gun that was
>not the one carried by
>her father and dropped that
>animal with the first shot,
>this would be a non-issue.
> What exactly is it
>that makes a person a
>hunter? Everyone has to
>learn as they go and
>in the sport of hunting,
>if you're not always learning
>something new, you're not a
>hunter in my book.
>Do you guys really think
>the "hunters" on the hunting
>shows make perfect shots on
>every animal? Do you
>think Ted Nugent is a
>hunter? At what point
>in your lives did you
>call yourselves hunters? Why
>not stop acting like a
>bunch of Katie Courics and
>give her props for A)
>being someone who likes to
>hunt, and B) having the
>balls to show America her
>true self instead of being
>a phony like those currently
>leading this nation into the
>crapper?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Piper, how's your period?
>
>Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!
>
>
>440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!
>

CA,
On this issue you are completely wrong. If I borrowed a rifle from a guide: First I would know whether it kicked or not, Secondly I would know how to cycle the bolt in order to shoot again.

She seems to have not hunted much if she needs to do that. In addition explain how this episode advances the view of hunters from the nonhunting public. I am not talking about rapid PETA members but the vast majority of Americans who do not hunt, don't understand hunting yet all can vote on hunting issues. Do you think this display helped the image of hunters? I doubt it. She either is not bright enough to know how the episode would look or she does not have much editorial control over the show.

It has nothing to do with being a "real" hunter or not or whether or not one would borrow a rifle.

Aren't there some basic things somebody who hunts should know? One would be how to operate a bolt action rifle. Or not to shoot at skylined animals.

So because it is Sarah Palin we should all just shut up and not voice an opinion? I thought it was Chicken $h!t when John Kerry went goose hunting but would not let himself even be filmed carrying the dead goose back. Using this same logic I should have said,"Kudos to him for being out there and he is pro hunting so he gets a pass". It shouldn't matter whether there is a D or an R after their names.

Nemont

the reason the libs hate palin, they are scared, a strong,pro life independent woman just scares the crap out of them, and i enjoy it!!!

If that was true in the first place that video ruined it.

Want to bet she NEVER becomes president? I need to get some action going on that before everyone figures it out. 202 how about you?

if a do nothing community org. who never held a real job, hangs out with known terrorist. can become president then palin sure can..at lease she can talk to six-graders without a telepropter..

Well Nemont, maybe in YOUR opinion I am "dead wrong" but opinions are like assholes as far as I'm concerned. My point is that she is LEARNING how to hunt and anyone who watched that episode who has even one firing brain cell would know that the scope was obviously off on that gun. The second she fired off the second gun, she hit her target. I'm not at all saying this episode does good things for hunting but I certainly don't remember seeing Ted Nugent blasted for poaching and he's pretty into politics himself. I think it's all about Sara Palin and that's what is sad about this. Sara Palin had two people with her who were more than capable of getting the guns ready for her to shoot. It's not at all different from a dad operating the bolt which loads the rifle for his son, who is learning, to shoot an animal. To each his own though. Have a good Christmas.

Or maybe the 6th shot was the charm. get her an AR-15 for christmas, more shots and her dad would only have to load it and work the bolt once. we hope anyway.

Wow, I think you all are making a mountain out of mole hill. Have you ever hunted with your wife or a woman? I thought she handled it better than a few seasoned hunters that I have guided that missed. After the first shot her dad took the gun from her and worked the bolt. It's not like she said waaa! what do I do next, he took the gun from her non-chalantly and worked the bolt, big deal. It was obvious the gun was off - they went to the next gun, never saw her even remotely flinch, she worked the bolt after the miss and killed a bou. Wouldn't want her to be the CIC, but I'd rather hunt with her than Piper.

It would have just been better all around if she posed with other hunters animals lake she used to do.

Kerry got three purple hearts and never spent a day in the hospital, show me anyone else that got three purple hearts and didn't go to hospital. My brother did 4 tours in Vietnam and had 3 purple hearts but had to go to the hospital.

Unless you can prove Kerry didn't earn his medals just like evryone else that's a cheap shot. good luck.

Dude it is a recognized fact that in the military service officers have the habit of writing up fellow officers for medals that would not see the daylight if a enlisted, non officer, was involved.

It is done as a "good old boy" service to enhance chances for promotion as those medals look good on your DD214 at promotion time for officers intending to make a career out of their military service.

I personaly do not know if Kerry's medals were deserved, but the chances of them being not deserved is higher since he was a commissioned officer with the rank of Lt.

RELH

So are we going to strip all LT's and higher ranking officers of their medals?

If there is a problem with the system then fix it, but as it stands Kerry is as deserving as anyone else you can't take that away because he's a liberal.

I just have one more question about skylined animals. Would a bear or a mountain lion in a tree be considered skylined? If so, there's a lot of unethical sumbitches out there.

Just sayin...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom