Dutton Rifle Antelope

antlerrick

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-10 AT 09:54PM (MST)[p]My daughter drew the Dutton Rifle tag and was wondering if anyone could point us in a good direction. We have never hunted goats down there. I know there are a bunch on the south side of the highway (Paunsagant side) but would rather hunt further north if anyone has any ideas or tips..mainly due to my other daughter having a Fishlake LE rifle tag at the same time. My son has a Boulder Archery Elk permit so we will be down in the country occasionally while scouting and if I could get some good places to look while down there, it would be appreciated!
Thanks
Rick

Rick, She won't have trouble filling the tag quickly anywhere from around the landfill south towards the airport. Lots of antelope, but I hear they did have quite a few winterkill this year. Have fun.

I hunted there in 05 and killed mid 70's buck. I spent a lot of time scouting and he was the biggest buck I could find. He is a real pretty buck and I was thrilled to take him. All I can say is you guys will have a great hunt. Probably the most beautiful pronghorn country anywhere.

Average quality on size. I wouldn't be super picky, but I think a guy could get lucky and get a big one. I'd be happy with a 75"r for sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom