Dwight Shuh Mega Pack

RockyDog

Does anyone know how much this pack weighs?

Every where i see it for sale they do not provide the weight. It looks like the pack for me, but i dont want to order it online and then find out it weighs 10 pounds.

thanks

Hey Dog;

I ordered one of those from Cabelas for an Alaska sheep hunting trip. When I got it and started sizing it, it was obvious it wasn't going to work. The frame has a mesh fabric that rests against your back and it can't get enough tension on it to keep the pack frame from rubbing on your back, especially the ridges of the plastic frame.

I sent it back and got an Eberlestock 107. THAT'S a good pack!

Hope that helps, and good luck.

nocal

Thanks, that does help. Im buying a pack for an upcoming alaska trip also. I think ill pass the shuh packs and keep looking. THe only think i dont like about the eberlestocks is their weight.

You might look at the big frame pack from Barneys Sports Chalet. I have used it and it is a nice pack. Hauls big loads. I can't tell you the name off the top of my head and the Barneys site is down but it is a heavy ripstop, black fabric pack with a white tic tac toe thread pattern.

Good luck.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

RockyDog,

Don't give up on the schuh pack so soon after one review. I seem to be the exact opposite. I love the schuh pack and like how it rides on my back. That mesh pad simply keeps a steady flow of air between my back and the pack which makes it much more comfortable to use. I've had it fully loaded and never had a problem with the frame rubbing on me. On the other hand I have used and had buddies use the eberlestock pack and absolutely hated it when it was fully loaded with deer or elk quarters. The pack just can't handle much weight unless you like it riding really low on your back ( very uncomfortable to me).

To each there own and I would just say go to the store and try one on. You can ask a bunch of questions about a pack and get totally different answers from different people. It's a tough call and one that you will have to decide for yourself. Good luck with your decision.

IB

Idahobugler,

There are two problems, i cant find a store that as the mega pack and i cant find anywhere that tells the weight of the pack. In 3 weeks im flying to AK and im limited to 50 pounds, i dont want 8 or 10 of it to be pack.

Im visiting idaho falls right now, i tried on an eberlestock at sportsmans warehouse yesterday. I think they are overhyped. For the same money in a mountaineering pack you get alot better pack.

If youve been on hunttalk im going to the same place as moose hunt video bigfin posted.

RD

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom