Eagle, Colo - BBQ Rest...

Packout

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-07 AT 08:24AM (MST)[p]Anyone help me out? I ate a sit-down restaurant in Eagle, Colorado 5 years ago. I think it was on the south side of I70. Nice place, good food. Had good BBQ. I will be taking my wife on her Colorado deer hunt this week and we will be close enough to drop over for a decent meal. I figure since the weather bites and the deer are holding in the transition holes, we might as well enjoy a few days away from the kids.

I meant to post this in General, but this will have to do.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com

If it was the place on hwy 6 by the State Patrol building I don't think it is the same place anymore. Was a BBQ joint, now is the Grand Avenue Grill. Changed about that time so I am not sure what place you ate at.

I was driven there in the dark, so I have can't remember. Any suggestions on decent places in Eagle or Glenwood Springs would be appreciated.

We are not leaving for her hunt until Thursday morning. -- I have to wait for my order of SPF 90 Sun Block to arrive. ha

www.sagebasin.com

I'm not sure where you ate 5 yrs ago. but try the one just south of the 1-70 interchange in the complex by the diner and america national bank. It is in the south end of the strip mall there. Called Moe's BBQ. It is excellent.

In Glenwood Springs try the Italian underground. On west side of St. just over the bridge S.bound. You will not be dissappointed!

Skip the Italian Underground. There are a lot of good places in Glenwood. I would recommend the steak place on 7th Street (or is it 8th, 7th I think, the one under the bridge right next to the railroad) it is just west of the Hotel Denver.

Mark

are you referring to Juicy Lucy's? It was great for a steak and jack and coke but closed last year.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Yeah, that's the name of the place. Juicy Lucy's. Sorry to hear that it closed. I used to work in an office that happened to be located in the Hotel Denver there in Glenwood Springs and that was one of my favorite lunch places (the brew pub right in the hotel being another). Still there are other good places for a nice meal around Glenwood. What is the name of the big steak place (private, not a chain) down south of town on west side of Highway 82 kind of down in a hole? I would recommend that since Juicy Lucy's is closed.

Mark

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom