EARLY 39

338UM

Hay guys new to this site, was checking to see how the early 39 guys are doing? My brother has the tag, took him up last weekend and had a tough time with all of the smoke in the area it made glassing pretty hard. We found a few small bucks and a couple does? we focused our time up high 7500-9000 ft. access is tough with the fire closures right now. Maybe the end of Sept. things will improve?

You guys with that tag need some rain to take care of all that smoke. All is not lost yet, Mid September should be pretty good if you get some weather between now and then.

Best of luck!

they are saying this fire isn't going anywhere until it rains or october gets here unfortunately. prayin for precip

It was really tough hunt like ya said and I don't see it clearing out anytime soon, I only seen 20 deer in 6 days of huntin, 2 bucks, a 2 point and the buck I decided to harvest. Not a monster, but I'm happy with him. The bottom photo is about how smokey it got during the day, the mornings and evenings weren't to bad, but it still made glassing very difficult.

1161img_0278.jpg

2329img_0256.jpg

9633img_0302.jpg

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Thats a nice buck and it doesnt look like he started rubbing out yet. Congrats and thanks for the pics.

by the way, how in the world are you wearing pants, 2 jackets and gloves? it's been atleast 90 in boise everyday...

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-12 AT 07:52AM (MST)[p]Well ya wouldn't beleive it but that low pressure that moved in dropped the temp that morning to 28 degrees, and I like to be warm when I'm glassing, didn't bother takin it off when we put the stalk on. But other than that it was 85 degrees + every over day. And yeah we saved the velvet!

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Congratulations, thats a nice buck! Its good to see hard work pay off in such tough condition.

Nice buck woodtick!! I'm still trying to fill my tag. Haven't seen one decent buck yet. Planned on hunting a different area but the Trinity Ridge fire has shut down access. Hoping to find one here soon so I can fill my tag. My window for harvesting a buck in velvet has all but diminished. Here's hoping!

MuleyCrazed
Idaho Deer Alliance
Meridian, Idaho
[email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom