Early rifle chalk/Morgan/South Rich Deer

bucksnducks

My kids all drew the early rifle. We elk hunted this unit the last couple of years and saw some nice bucks. Who has hunted it and how did your hunt go?

I had my wife with the early tag the last two years and she tagged out on deer in just one day. One was a little 4 point and the other a good sized two point. We hunted the East Canyon WMA and had some other hunters around but overall it was great because we were was close to home. We weren't looking for anything big but just wanted to get her an opportunity. I've hunted this unit during the archery hunt and have seen some really good deer up high by the Farmington towers but you'll have to work for them more up there. I imagine they would still be up high during the early rifle hunt as long as no big snow storms push them lower into private. Hunt hard and don't be discouraged by all the private land in the unit. Get you OnX and go scout this summer, good luck!!

I haven’t been on top of Farmington in years. I’m looking to get back up there. Last time I was there we ran into a bunch of rattle snakes in August. I’ve only shed hunted East canyon, looked like it could hold deer. Thanks for the info.

I haven’t been on top of Farmington in years. I’m looking to get back up there. Last time I was there we ran into a bunch of rattle snakes in August. I’ve only shed hunted East canyon, looked like it could hold deer. Thanks for the info.
Plenty of snakes up there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom