East Kaibab Late

bobberdown

Well after 20 years of applying I have a deer tag in Arizona. I've talked to a couple guys that hunted it but 10 years ago so no body recently, just wondering if these are 160 type deer. the dates look good Nov.22 to Dec.1 can't get down there to early to scout deer and elk hunts here in Oregon. Any info would be great. Thanks Mitchell 12A East Late

Pray for help from "Mother Nature" so as deer will be in lower country to the East.Plenty of great "Glass en Country" if so ... Good Luck, Bruce & SilverGrand

Hope you didn't waste max points on that hunt. Helped on that hunt couple years ago. All the deer were still up high. Sucked. Hope for early snow

12AE has did a great comeback.If your looking for a 160 inch deer you will not be disapointed.There are much better deer than 160.I have seen in the past couple years bucks in the 210-225 class-they are not behind every ridge but they are there.Snow helps them move down past the east side game trail,and into country that you can glass for miles.

No I didn't have max points no hunter ed point other wise would have put in for the strip. Thanks for the replys hope for snow sounds like

Helped a buddy who burned max points last year in 12AE. No snow and he we hunted hard with him killing the biggest deer we saw on the 9th day which was around 174. Tough hunt last year.

Had the tag in 2008 and still sick to my stomach that I wasted max points on it. I would only hunt high unless the plateau gets 18+ inches of snow at least 1-2 weeks before your hunt.

On my hunt it snowed a foot and most of the deer just stayed on top. I'd focus on the burn areas on the plateau. The "loop" in the lower country is a pain with road hunters and the fights over the two good waterholes.

Feel free to PM me and I'll tell you about a couple of other places where you should not waste your time at all. With that being said I did pass on a few 160" bucks, but I wasn't there for them and was going big or going home. I went home empty handed.

Don't hold your breath for snow!!! da burn, da burn, da burn!
Resident bucks down low. Migratory deer on top!
Burned all my points on the late hunt 3 years ago. Huge disappointment!!!
I shot the largest deer I could find! 170".

Burn year ? believe it was back in 2007 ... a lightning strike that was going to be managed as a prescribed burn that got away from F.S. and NOW produces much needed deer forage on top,on both sides of hiway.Always a good place to look,but down lower if weather comes.Good Luck,possibly a great deer hunt opportunity for a Booner ? Bruce & SilverGrand

Had the same tag 3 years ago. Also a huge disappointment. I wasted alot of time down low. Don't make the same mistake, stay high until the deer have no choice but to go low. Good luck

My son had that tag 6 seasons ago. He killed a 188" buck on the 9th day, and it was the only good buck we saw. He killed it in the low country, near a tank that had a big chained area running away to the north. It can be a tough hunt with no snow. Also, prepare for cold, we had temps below zero on that hunt, and very high winds, over 40 mph at times. I know that weather isn't typical, but it can happen while you're there. As the game warden told me "It can get pretty western out here".

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom