Eastern Plains public land

Cavalier

I'm wanting to start broadening my hunting opportunities in Colorado. Is it possible to do a DIY archery mule deer hunt on public land on the eastern plains of Colorado? The answer to that question will determine my follow up questions. I do realize it will take several points to get drawn, but one has to start somewhere.

Thanks for any responses.

A bad day hunting still beats working!

I wouldn't waste my points on any State Wildlife area or grasslands on the plains, but you might consider Pinyon Canyon army base. It's either that or knocking on doors or go outfitted. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks Zekers for the reply. That's pretty much what I expected....it's mostly private. This entire process is all new to me, but let me see if I'm on the right tract. If I don't want to go with a guide, I will need to find owners that do access fees. Is there a way to find a list somewhere of these owners or would I need to go through an outfitter to get this info? Or like you say "knock on doors" which is out of the question, from AZ.

A bad day hunting still beats working!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom