Eastman videos?

S

SalVelinus

Does anyone really dig eastman videos? I have watched many of them and am very disappointed with them. I like the people, it's nothing personal against them and they are obviously skilled hunters, but the videos themselves are not very good. I like all of the footage of big, winter range bucks but something is missing. Classical music, same old lines over and over, bogus armchair biology, ridiculous blanket statements, typos everywhere, showing a dead trophy before they actually kill it, saying "great shot" when it was obviously not. The information and tips are often very good, for example some of the tips on rack-bracketing and field judging are pretty good but the presentation needs work. Don't get me wrong, I'm notlooking for Ted Nugent, whack 'em and stack 'em, rock star, faster than a jack rabbit on meth action/death videos, just something with a little more flair. Anyway, just venting. Maybe I should produce hunting and fishing videos. People would probably say they suck too.
PS Their magazines are great however!!!!!!!!!!

Sal, everything you say is true but yes I love the Eastman videos. Why? Because they consistently give those helpful hints and how to information. When I was new to Western hunting thier videos were the most helpful. They do need a little help in the editing department but they are real hunters and not videographers. Thier last video seemed to have taken a turn for the better but I didn't really like the jumping around from one hunt to another but the overall format was new. Yes I agree, that old style music has got to go, ha ha. fatrooster.

They aren't the best by any means , but I appreciate the Eastmans fair chase way of hunting. What I deffinately don't like is Mike always dropping crazy B&C numbers on EVERY buck or bull they video.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom