Eastmans and Sportsman's Guide

zia

Here is a picture my son took after a difficult 10-day Alaska hunt. Eastmans had NOTHING to do with this hunt and NONE of the equipment was purchased at Sportsman's Guide ( whatever that is)...it was all KUIU gear. Not sure what the legalities of the situation are but at the very least it's misleading.

IMG_3473.jpeg

Meh... Advertisers use stock photos for 80% of the ads you see. This is no different.

Websites like shutterstock, istock, pixabay, etc.. are there for marketing people to browse and purchase photos to use in their advertising. There are also 10+ free sites where photographers post photos hoping to make it in the industry.

Now in your case I'm guessing your son submitted the photo voluntarily. By making the pic public, without copyright, he gave up his rights to the pic so can't monetize it. You will probably see it on other ads in the future. Just another reason to think twice before posting pics for the world to see.

Sportsman's Guide is like the overstock or left over site for "outdoorsmen". Kind of odd things and lower level brand stuff

I'm almost certain that even if he had posted it somewhere initially, it's not public domain. I imagine they'd be legally required to take it down if your son asked.

If you got the money to shoot that class of moose don't think you would be slumming at sportsman's guide. You would be buying highend made in China Kuiu gear or North Face.

Is your son named Matt? Just ask them to take it down. They will comply. I don’t see the big deal. They are not saying that hunt had anything to do with that moose and I’m sure anyone would think that?

Wasn’t much of a hunt to begin with. Spotted from the air, landed near by and boom!

Better than this one floating around. How many guys does it take to spot a moose from the air and kill it?
251D02D4-3756-4F74-BC78-16670FE7868A.jpeg

Is your son named Matt? Just ask them to take it down. They will comply. I don’t see the big deal. They are not saying that hunt had anything to do with that moose and I’m sure anyone would think that?

Wasn’t much of a hunt to begin with. Spotted from the air, landed near by and boom!

I suppose sense you know so much, that must be the way you hunt.

Meh... Advertisers use stock photos for 80% of the ads you see. This is no different.

Websites like shutterstock, istock, pixabay, etc.. are there for marketing people to browse and purchase photos to use in their advertising. There are also 10+ free sites where photographers post photos hoping to make it in the industry.

Now in your case I'm guessing your son submitted the photo voluntarily. By making the pic public, without copyright, he gave up his rights to the pic so can't monetize it. You will probably see it on other ads in the future. Just another reason to think twice before posting pics for the world to see
Better than this one floating around. How many guys does it take to spot a moose from the air and kill it?View attachment 104519
not what happened, they busted their butts for 10 days but thanks for your opinion.

Companies do NOT have the ability to use your name, likeness, or image without your consent for marketing purposes.

They should be compensating your son if he did not waive his rights.

Sorry if you took my comment towards your son, it was not meant for your son. My comment was meant for the resident know it all.
That is a awesome moose your son got, I have never really been into the moose thing, but to be honest that makes me a little jealous.

Busted their ass for 10 days? Well with that many dudes in camp I’m sure there was some busted asses. Btw your son said it was 12 days. So which is it? That bull was spotted from the air whether your son knew that or not. Maybe the guide didn’t want the client and photographer to know?
FED333A3-C8AE-47F1-99A9-8BEB8144045A.jpeg

Tell your son not to get his panties in a wad. It’s not going to be the last time it happens. If he’s so concerned about it don’t post it or at the very least make his account private. But you can’t be a Instagram star with a private account.

It’s the price of fame. It was great seeing that bull pop up again. Your son takes some great photos. Congrats!

Tell your son not to get his panties in a wad. It’s not going to be the last time it happens. If he’s so concerned about it don’t post it or at the very least make his account private. But you can’t be a Instagram star with a private account.

It’s the price of fame. It was great seeing that bull pop up again. Your son takes some great photos. Congrats

Don'e Worry!

I Don't Have That Much Money!

But Just Curious To What a Hunt/Bull Like That Cost Including All Costs?

Don'e Worry!

I Don't Have That Much Money!

But Just Curious To What a Hunt/Bull Like That Cost Including All Costs?
Not sure what that hunt cost but there’s a lot of guided moose hunting in the 25-35k range base price.

Sorry if you took my comment towards your son, it was not meant for your son. My comment was meant for the resident know it all.
That is a awesome moose your son got, I have never really been into the moose thing, but to be honest that makes me a little jealous.
Yes I realize that and I apologize if it appeared as such

SS,My son is fine thank you for your concern. 10 day hunt with a couple travel days, I am going to tell him to use a different outfitter..... if they spotted the bull from a plane, landed close and it still took 10 days of hunting to kill he must be awful. Based on your vitriol you would know more about wearing panties than the rest of us, do they bunch? Do you buy yours at Sporstmans Guide?
For being fine he sure made a stink of it. Could have just sent them a DM quietly.

Regarding the hunt IYKYK, and to be clear it’s not illegal to aerial spot moose.

Hell of a bull, congrats all around. And for the short pack out!

That is an awesome moose your son got, I have never really been into the moose thing, but to be honest that makes me a little jealous.
His son didn’t kill that bull.

His son didn’t kill that bull.
Correct he did not, he was the photographer.
For being fine he sure made a stink of it. Could have just sent them a DM quietly.

Regarding the hunt IYKYK, and to be clear it’s not illegal to aerial spot moose.

Hell of a bull, congrats all around. And for the short pack out!
He and others involved did try to have them take it down but were blocked.....their non response was the reason for the post.

I’m not super active on Instagram. Aside from a handful of friends and family, I only follow a few dozen accounts that post pictures of animals and fish. But even then, it’s not “the usual suspects” that I really like to follow. But I thank SS for posting the account because mattforsyth7 seems like a good one to follow for just pics of awesome animals to be entertained by without all the other promotion that usually goes along with it. And it even looks like he throws a fish in there every once in a while. Bonus points!

PS- that is an AWESOME moose!

Correct he did not, he was the photographer.

He and others involved did try to have them take it down but were blocked.
The eastmans are d bags. Guy Eastman is a clown. The only person worth talking to over there is scott reekers.

I don’t see the post anymore so must of took it down,

I’m not super active on Instagram. Aside from a handful of friends and family, I only follow a few dozen accounts that post pictures of animals and fish. But even then, it’s not “the usual suspects” that I really like to follow. But I thank SS for posting the account because mattforsyth7 seems like a good one to follow for just pics of awesome animals to be entertained by without all the other promotion that usually goes along with it. And it even looks like he throws a fish in there every once in a while. Bonus points!

PS- that is an AWESOME moose!
Yes his photography is on point. Too many guys with the fish eye lens out there and over doing it in photoshop. While Matt's photos are edited too he makes its so the image looks natural etc. Worth a follow for sure!

The eastmans are d bags. Guy Eastman is a clown. The only person worth talking to over there is scott reekers.

I don’t see the post anymore so must of took it down,
Yes his photography is on point. Too many guys with the fish eye lens out there and over doing it in photoshop. While Matt's photos are edited too he makes its so the image looks natural etc. Worth a follow for sure!
Thank you

Whatever would the MM community do without SS monitoring all the IG, YOU TUBE, FB, Tik Tok, Only Fans, Tinder, sites?

Oh, ya, I forgot apparently monitoring Alaska's air traffic control as well?

Nice moose.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom