Eastmans TV Idaho hunt

300stw

anyone watch there tv show hunting idaho for deer. any one know what unit they were hunting in....

I Watched the same show they killed a decent buck and was wondering the same.

I watched it also, they said
south east, but I have spent
alot of time in south east
and the country does not look
familiar, other than unit 76
on the east border.

I watched it too. The Sportsmans Warehouse they stopped at was definitely the one in Meridian and they went on an evening hunt from there so it must have been not too far from Boise. I was thinking the Owyhees maybe? I thought I saw some Junipers in some of the area they were in.

It wasnt 39 hunted that for a while doesnt look anything like that. And it isn't the owyhee's either. I'm thinking unit 54 or 55. Just a guess.

I wonder when the hunt was done. I swear I saw that same show a year ago. Didn't have very much footage of trophy deer I noticed.

Ya i noticed the same looked like a hard hunt with not much game. It deffiently wasn't a controlled hunt. I watched it and laughed as the wind was blowin and remembered how cold the wind is up there in idaho.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-09 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]Guess my source was wrong...(hes not very reliable) I think Ryan Hatfield is from the 54/55 area...You can hike in and find a bigger buck than that on the 39 general hunt.

They said they crossed the Tetons,and stopped at the next Sportsmans whse, which leads me to beleive the one in Idaho Falls. He then went on to say they hunted the last week of October in a general non draw hunt.I'm guessing units 60 through 65,they are all close together,and are very close to the Wy.border...

It was definitely the Meridian Sportsmans. you could the Texas Roadhouse in the parking lot.

Isn't there a Texas Roadhouse in the I.F. Sportsmans area also. I know there is a Jonny Corinos. So I guess all we know for sure is there are a lot of assupmtions on this thread!

I watched the show tonight and that DEFINETELY is not the Sportsman's in Meridian. In Meridian they have and elk and deer statue in the front, the show only had a bull elk on the left side as you head in. In Meridian there is an empty field directly across the street in front of the store(across from Texas Roadhouse) while the show clearly showed another shopping center.

They mentioned the season closed at the end of October, on a Friday, maybe that will help figure out where.

Man you guys are too funny. The Sportsmans they stopped at was actually the one in Twin. If you notice TJ Max is right next door to it, well the next store down from it. Second of all, they are hunting Unit 55. So a couple good guesses on that. And how do I know all of this?? Cuz I'm very good friends with the kid that took them up, and I actually met both Guy and Ryan. And Uncle Perry too. That hunt was filmed last Oct. And I'd give Ryan alot of credit for kill that buck. Alot of people ate tag soup on that hunt, and quite frankly I think i would have killed that buck too on the last day.

snipersmilie.gif

one shot

someone just email them and ask which warehouse it was. im sure they would tell you. hell, they'd probably tell you which unit too.

that $hit was pretty funny to read though:)

Idaho falls store is also next to a guess what TJ MAX, didnt see it dont really care..Old man east guided out of jackson which isnt too far from idaho falls...Was an avid hunter in all the state sure he hunted in idaho over the border

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Was unit 55 on their recommended unit list? It would be ironic if they hunted another unit - trying to keep the crowds away from their hotspots.

Now that would be a funny thing if they used there newletter to steer hunters away from their hotspot. I know I would. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom