Eating Trigger

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-11 AT 11:11AM (MST)[p]Horses are livestock. There is no reason they shouldn't be eaten by those with the taste for it. Especially Feral horses.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-11 AT 10:13AM (MST)[p]I've heard horsemeat is very lean with a sweet taste. I would definitely give it a try.

Eldorado

I like the idea of starting horse slaughter house back up. Just take a drive down Dragon Trail and see all the feral horse running around there. They shoot feral hogs on sight why not horses too? Vermin... I have been told horse meat is rather sweet and if the opportunity came about to sample a horse steak I'd give it a try. Never know. Might be better than beef. Give Taco Bell and McDonalds something new to add too their menu or mix in with their meat.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Id give it a try. Id love to put a few of them down when they buck me off over the years.

Horse meat is the best...I have complained to game and fish to start up a hunt for them for years now. It could even be a once in a lifetime hunt, I don't understand what they are waiting for. I am sure all you guys would like to hunt one, wouldn't you.

nmbighorn

i am in favor of it. horse prices have gone down the drain since they stopped funding the inspection of horse meat. a ton of the meat that comes from a us slaughterhouse would end feeding animals at the zoo. there are so many horses that get dumped out in someones field or on public land ill be glad to see them be worth some money once again

Horse meat has been know to carry Trichinosis.... I'LL PASS!!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-11 AT 05:05PM (MST)[p]Under cooked chicken, pork, and bear can have nasty crap in it too but we still eat it.

EDIT: BTW after looking up what Trichinosis actually is, I must say "THATS FRIGGEN GROSS ! ! !"

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I don't know about eating horses but I'd like to get all naked and crawl inside one of them sumbiches. Maybe I can get one of you guys to take some pics?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-11 AT 06:15PM (MST)[p]when they open the slaughter house back up then that means it would create jobs for people to inspect horses. like in big feedlots the inspector willl decide if a horse should be kept and sold or slaughtered.

and before they shut them down a few years ago the slaughter house would pay us for our old horses. its extra cash for a down payment on another horse

I have eaten horse meat. Like some have said, a little sweeter than beef. A bit like moose. Not marbled like beef. I wouldn't hesitate to eat it again, but I'm sure my wife and daughters would have nothing to do with it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom