Eberle "Just One" or Badlands 2000

out4elk

I am looking at buying a good daypack. After reading around on the net I have narrowed my choices to two packs--

Eberle "Just One"

Badlands 2000

Up till this year I have used a Camelback Motherload. This pack is nice for the extra clothes, munchies and water but it lacks the carrying capacity for deer or elk on top of everything else.

After helping my buddy DRAG his deer out this year I am done with dragging. I want a pack that will carry my goods and still be capable of packing out an animal

Your help is appreciated.

I bought a Just One before this years season and used it to haul out an elk quarter (plus extras) and half a mule deer. It seems well made and fit me well (6'3 235). I have never owned a badlands pack so I can't compare the two but I would recommend the Just One.

I have the Badlands 2200. Real nice but a little heavy for the day tripper. I used mine on all three of my hunts. I backpacked into each area with my tent, sleeping bag and all else I could carry. I like it. I don't know about the other one. Best of luck in your choices.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-05 AT 01:23PM (MST)[p]I love my Badlands 2200. I have packed out several deer and elk with mine. This year I was able to fit back straps, 1 front quarter and 1 rear quarter and the head on mine along with all my gear. They also make a 4400, not good for day trips, but if you needed to hike out for a bigger pack this is also agreat one.
435d336636f75bec.jpg

I bought a badlands 2200 this year. Works very well! The pack is heavy but offers lots of good usable storage. Very comfortable to wear. Can wait to try the meat shelf....

have the Eberle "Just One" and used it for the first time this weekend. Lot's of good features, spike duffel, orange zip-in panel, built in camelback, and the pocket for your rifle works great. I had it loaded with tent, sleeping bag, clothes and all my gear+gun and was very pleased. Very comfortable pack and tons of room. Also during the day just remove the spike duffel and back shrinks down to a great day pack. Don't have the Badlands or have never seen one, but have to say would have to be one hell of a pack to be any better.

I bought the "Just One" this year at the hunting show. It worked great to haul out my elk. Never had a Bad Lands pack but the Just One worked awsome. You probably couldn't go wrong with either. Just my .02 cents.

Own the Badlands 2200. It works and fits well. proper fit and weight distribution makes a huge difference when hauling a heavy load. I like it, use it on all my hunts even if it's just to scout. I can fit my tripod, tri chair, spotter, etc. and have them not get in the way whilst hiking. It can be a bit heavy but well worth it when having to haul a load back.

Never have used the Just One pack but have heard very good things about it as well.

ELK7.jpg

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

My vote is for the just one. The 2200 and Justone are both 6-lb packs. I have played with both and they are both great packs!

Here is the Eberlestock Just One in the field.

This is my brother-in-law's 2004 Nevada bull. The guide, Thomas Brunson of Timberline Outfitters has transformed his new day pack (received as part of his tip) to a freight hauler. Estimated load is 140lbs!

J10420packing20elk20xsm1.jpg

The next picture is of my son on our 2005 Colorado backpack mule deer hunt at 11'K. We had taken around 70lbs of camp/hunt gear each in our Just One, and during the day converted it back to a day pack. Notice his muzzleloader is tucked away in the backscabbard.

DSC00184.jpg

Check them out at www.eberlestock.com

Ed

Here is one more Eberlestock Just One in the field.

Paul Harris of Henderson Nevada taking out his awesome Dall sheep in the Yukon.

PackingOutsm1.jpg

Paul used a bow which was easily carried by the compression staps.

Ed

I just bought a new pack a couple weeks ago. I was looking at the badlands 2200 pack and a Jim Horn series pack by Blacks Creek Guide gear. They were both the same price at the Sportsmans Wherehouse but I ended up going with the blacks creek pack. It is the Alaskan. They have a lot more adjustments than the badlands packs. Here is a link to their site. The guys at the Sportsmans say they sell out of them quick when they come in. May be worth a look if they have them around.

http://www.blacks-creek.com/jimhorn.php

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom