Eberlestock J104 or X1-A1? Which one?

flyingbrass

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-08 AT 01:37PM (MST)[p]I got it narrowed down to the J104 or X1-A1. I think the X1-A1 is about the right size for most of my hunting but think the J104 would be a more complete pack for when I do need to pack out meat. There is not a store nearby for me to see these packs and I can't afford both. Here is the real question?
Is the J104 small enough to use as a daypack or not? If it is I will get it. The down side is the almost 2 pound of weight difference. I can't really affford both. Who gives the best deals on these packs? Sometimes I carry a really, really big tripod.
cold dead hands

The J104 is about the best pack there is IMO. I was the same way for a long time. I used 2 different packs. Now if I'm hunting I have the J104 with me. Its a bit bigger, but I know that I can fit what I need in it, then pack a huge load of meat out if all goes good. Good luck!

Used the J104 on a Wyoming sheep hunt this fall. Outstanding piece of equipment! I think it's just the right size for a day-pack. Plus, you have the option of using it for an extended backpack hunt.

Also, Is the J104 2100 cubic inches or 2900 cubic inches at the smallest size. I normally have a carry on bag and like my backpack to count as the other piece like a camera case or woman's purse. Could you get by with taking a regular carry on bag and a J104 and still checking 2 bags without paying extra luggage fees? cold dead hands

+1 on the J104

Perfect daypack with room to grow if you do get lucky. If I didn't watch what I was packing and only stick to the essentials I found I could easily end up with a heavy daypack.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

I had a badlands 2200 and just got the J107 Dragon fly in December. I used it all of Dec and Jan and this is by far the best pack I have ever had. I love it, it fits you so well and the 107 has a detachable fanny pack that is great for when you need to dump your pack for a stalk. A+++++++++

Chris

Flyingbrass-
I've got the J104 which I use as a day pack. So, yes, the J104 makes a great day pack with the versatility of being able to pack out a load of game meat. This pack will seem a bit large for a day pack if you're used to a small day pack that just carries the bare essentials. The X1-A1 won't have the same capacity to carry say, half and elk, but you might be able to pack a small boned out blacktail as long as you don't have too much other gear. Personally , for hunting in the cold weather in Montana (lots of essential gear) I'd go with the J104. If I was hunting the warmer southern climes, mostly day hunts I'd pick the X1.

Ive packed with both, Like em both too. Dont like the price though! :(

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

When Glen Eberle created this pack, it was designed exactly what you are looking for; a day pack that can convert easily into a freight hauler when needed. Hence the name of the pack, the "Just One".

The J104 has a very narrow profile, is very comfortable, and can be used as your meat hauler. It has been field tested and endorsed by outfitters, and countless other hunters.

I offer all MM regulars a discount on Eberlestock packs.

Ed

47a7a03f66632324.jpg

www.trophyhuntoutfitters.com

>When Glen Eberle created this pack,
>it was designed exactly what
>you are looking for; a
>day pack that can convert
>easily into a freight hauler
>when needed. Hence the name
>of the pack, the "Just
>One".
>
>The J104 has a very narrow
>profile, is very comfortable, and
>can be used as your
>meat hauler. It has been
>field tested and endorsed by
>outfitters, and countless other hunters.
>
>
>I offer all MM regulars a
>discount on Eberlestock packs.
>
>Ed
>
>
47a7a03f66632324.jpg

>
>www.trophyhuntoutfitters.com

Can you tell me what the discount is on on the 104 and 107? The Eberlestock web site package deals at a reasonable prices. Can you get us those package deals cheaper? If you can I will contact you to place my order...

http://eberlestock.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=E&Category_Code=PP

Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom