Eberlestock Scabbard

ammoman16

I have been looking at getting one of the J105's but the last time I looked at one I didn't pay a lot of attention to the scabbard. My question is this. If the inside of the scabbard gets wet in a downpour will it dry quickly or will it hold the water? The reason I ask is obvious, but I just don't want to stick my gun in a scabbard that might stay wet for 3 days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

that said, if youre on a backpack hunt, and leave your rifle in ANY case that's even damp, you can get rust. If you cant dry the pack due to conditions, take it out and let it hang. . . The pack wont hurt the gun, but if you leave your gun in anything damp, it will rust. . .

That's kind of my point. If that pack won't dry COMPLETELY it will cause rust if you keep it in there. I've seen far too many guns with surface rust from sticking them in a "dry" case for a day or two. I wouldn't be concerned about this on anything but a backpack hunt however, and was just curious if it would be difficult getting it to dry in the field.

I used my J104 all fall in rain, sleet and snow with no problems. The material repels water pretty well and the rain cover works slick for harsh conditions. IMO, these packs hold true to their name - Just One. I won't buy another pack.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom