Ebike: finally pulled the trigger!

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Did a lot of research on Hunting Ebikes with a $2500 budget in mind. Looked at the Radrovers in the $1500 range but, although well built and priced, they only offer a rear Hub motor: good for all but steep hills.

Also looked at the MS2 Ultra. Prob the most powerful bike I researched and well built but was $2700 before adding any accessories.

Ended up deciding on a Rambo 750watt Pursuit. Has a mid drive motor for steep hills, and the bike and accessories delivered To my door was $2480. It is about the most powerful class 2 bike in my price range. Wanted to stay with class 2 since they has Already been approved for BLM and National parks. Hoping National forest service follows suit in the near future. But there are plenty of ATV only trails that I want to try them on.

There are a LOT of choices these days Which is good. Many more than just a couple of years ago. I believe I made a good choice for me, but your needs/ finances may be different. I know more than I did a couple weeks ago ?, but riding the bike will be the real test. The one thing that would have been nice would have been a front suspension. But that is an option I can add for about $160 if I decide I want to in the future.

Last edited:
I bought a mid-drive ebike a couple years back. It has front and rear suspension, along with fat tires.

I have never cared for bike riding, but thought this would be good to go further easier. I hate it, just the same as I do any other bike. It has about 3 miles on it, give or take. All of them around my neighborhood.

I have zero inclination to ever ride it again. I think I paid 3K or close to it. Would sell it for 1K in a second if anyone were interested.

I bought a mid-drive ebike a couple years back. It has front and rear suspension, along with fat tires.

I have never cared for bike riding, but thought this would be good to go further easier. I hate it, just the same as I do any other bike. It has about 3 miles on it, give or take. All of them around my neighborhood.

I have zero inclination to ever ride it again. I think I paid 3K or close to it. Would sell it for 1K in a second if anyone were interested.
I might be interested. Where do you live?

Me too. My brother might be interested. Where do you live? Sent you a PM

Last edited:
Illegal in Montana on non-motorized roads/trails. Hope it stays that way. And you might want to check BLM rules state to state. mtmuley

I am good regardless of whether or not they change the rules. There are lots of OHV trails and I don’t have an ATV or want to get one. An Ebike should do very nicely, and are quiet! Plus it is already legal in some of my hunting areas to retrieve meat with a motorized vehicle

Last edited:
I am good regardless of whether or not they change the rules. There are lots of OHV trails and I don’t have an ATV or want to get one. An Ebike should do very nicely, and are quiet! Plus it is already legal in some of my hunting areas to retrieve meat with a motorized vehicle
Saw guys using them illegally here in Montana last year. I now know all the rules and won't be nice this year. mtmuley

I think that's a good choice txhunter58. Like you, I'm more interested in torque than top speed. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom