Ecco ATV Trailers

tracker12

Very Active Member
I am looking at a new trailer for my ATV. I have seen the Ecco Trailers on line and they look pretty nice. Anyone have any experience with one.

Im geussing you mean echo trailers...I have an echo snowmobile trailer, its been a good trailer, i have pulled it alot over all sorts of roads guiding lion hunters...have never had a problem with the stucture quality, its held together good....

I have the three place trailer. Here is a review.
Loading the bikes over the side is a pain in the A$$. All the bikes I have seen bottom out. That is the ONLY down side.
I have a large aluminum box on the front of mine. I carry my Pontoon boats on this trailer and I store all the gear in the box.

PontoonTrailer2.jpg

I started to load both bikes from the back. I put my smaller bike in front and slide it sideways. Then I load my bigger bike and leave it straight on. This works great with the box. I keep all the riding gear in it. This trailer is tall. In my opinion it is a well built trailer. It pulls great and is worth the money.
I like the fact it has full sized 14" tires, and is tall enough to get it into tough places.
Ron

Thanks for the info. What is so much a pain on side loading. Looks easy on the video that Echo shows. I am looking at a two place to haul two Yamaha Grizzly's. I had a friend look at them is Ogden and he seemed to think the quality was good.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-11 AT 00:40AM (MST)[p]Also wanted to say, if all you ever plan to use it for is hauling four-wheelers (or a pontoon boat :) ), it should work fine. But if you ever plan on putting smaller stuff on it (coolers, stove, propane tanks, tents, tent poles, ax, shovel, gas cans, handyman jack, etc.), those angled sides aren't the best design for keeping stuff from sliding/bouncing off, and they're not set up all that great for any type of an end-gate.

I've gone through a few trailers over the years and this one is about as close to perfect (for my needs) as I've found and I'm into it exactly $900.00 as it sits. Keep an eye on your local classifieds and you'll find a deal.

trailer2.jpg

trailer1.jpg

When side loading the bottom of the 4 wheeler bottoms out every time going on or going off. I have a Yamaha big bear and a honda recon. They both bottom out. My friends Suzuki's bottom out too. I load from the back and turn them. Ron

>Thanks for the info. What
>is so much a pain
>on side loading. Looks
>easy on the video that
>Echo shows. I am
>looking at a two place
>to haul two Yamaha Grizzly's.
>I had a friend look
>at them is Ogden and
>he seemed to think the
>quality was good.

I've never had a problem with my ATV's bottoming out. I load Sportsman 500's and sometimes a Trailboss which is a smaller bike. No issues here.

My dad has the 2 place model.
It's three years old and gets used 2-3 time a year and is already wore out
They are as cheaply made as it get's

I have the two place model. My polaris sportsman 400 and Honda Rancher fit on with about a inch to spare. I like the lockable front box on tounge. I have no issues with mine. Probably have towed it 15,000 miles. My model also has good ground clearance and would reccomend it.

Boy petty big diffence. One has worn out and another has 15,000 miles on it. Boy reviews can be ruff. This will only be used for trandsporting my ATV. I was looking at the 2 place model and adding 2" which they will do. For a small fee that is.

Tracker12
Ive designed and built over 30 trailers and thou I would love to help you out with one I don't have time these days.But I know what a good trailer is and Ecco is not one.
Just like most thing in life you get what you pay for.
Witch ever trailer you choose make sure it has a 3500 lb axle and at lest 14" tires.Also most trailers are welded out of country so get under neath the trailer you pick out and look for missing welds

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom