Educated Opinion please!

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
I have had the 10x42 Swarovision binoculars for 2 years. I took a couple of guys out last weekend from Pennsylvania archery mule deer hunting. They had really low end binoculars which they struggled with in open terrain. They fell in love with my binos one guy shot me a great price he would purchase mine for. So here is my dilema I have until Saturday when they go home to decide if I want to sell mine.

I've been thinking of going to the Swaro 10x42 RF bino since my rangefinder I believe is on it's last legs. I've never looked through the rangefinder or swarobright which I believe is the glass they have, how much difference will I notice? I really like the Swarovision and have no experience with the swarobright or rf bino's big difference or not? Thanks for your educated opinions.

I use Leica's Geovids 10 x 42's and love them. It is so nice being able to range anything you want anytime. I have not used the Swarovski's in the outdoors. I have played with them indoors. They are Swarovski and are great glass. Get a pair of each and ask to take them outside and compare them side by side.
I would say go for it ! You will love having a range finder in your bino's .
I am waiting for the the new Leica's. Until they hit the store , I am not parting with my old ones.
Good luck

You will notice a difference, at least I did when I made the switch. After time my eyes adjusted and the glass on the EL range is still really good. I heard someone put it like this "no one ever complained about the swarobright, until the swarovisions came along"

I loved the swarovision glass, but having the RF/bino combo is convenient. If it weren't for that I would personally go back to the swarovisions.

Thanks guys I think I'm going to give the RF Leica and Swaro a try when I get to Cabelas in two weeks and make a decision on what feels better. They usually let you try them outside right at dusk if you ask and go from there.

Go RF and never look back.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

you have bino's you love, right.

pretty sure for the same amount you would come out of pocket to buy rf bino with inferior glass and a 2 yr warranty you could get a leica 1600. leica is a fairly nice 7x monocular, will range all the bino rf's will, gives you atmoshere data, and fit's nicely in a shirt pocket, plus you keep bino lifetime warranty.

for what it's worth, i have this exact combo and love it. i carry just my leica 1600 when bird hunting, etc, when i don't want big bino's, but might want to scope stuff out. i range to 1700yds fairly often if that matters.

sorry about no caps, they don't work when i type from phone.

Yes that was my decision whether to go with a good rangefinder to replace my Nikon range finder which is old or to just go with the convenience of rf binoculars with inferior glass. Thanks again for the opinions.

Deerlove I hate to admit it but I'm using a Nikon rangefinder that was one of the real early ones probably 15 years old. It still works but doesn't gather light well and the plastic has gotten old and brittle the door for the batteries is held shut by duct tape. I wouldn't feel right asking for replacing something that has served me well and is warn out but thanks for the suggestion.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-13 AT 07:10AM (MST)[p]I have a Leica rangefinder and swaro 10x42 el. The system works fine, but having to dig around in my pocket/pack/bino case gets to be a pain, especially when hunting whitetail in creek and river bottoms. It would be nice to range an animal the moment it's spotted.

I had the same happen to me. A friend came out from Ms and had a cheap pair of Nikon binos. When he looked through my swaro, he couldn't believe the difference. He tried to buy mine right on the spot, but I wouldn't sell them. He went home and bought the swaro rf. I should of sold him mine and then went and bought the rf swaros myself. Now when he comes out he rubs it in.

I've had similar questions about the combined range finder and binocular. I really like the concept of never packing a range finder again. My question is the longevity of the electronics in a $2500 to $3000 set of binoculars. If I just buy the swarovision binos, I have swarovision binos for life. If I get the range finder option and it breaks eventually breaks, now I am back to packing another range finder. Is this a legitimate concern? What have others experienced?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom