Eel's Utah freeway rebuttal

Zeke

Long Time Member
Eelgrass,

Please never say anything negative again about Utah's freeway drivers!

See brother, I just spent 9 day on I15 by the 8, also 805,67,52,215, to name just a few, and there's not a question in the world about who's the proud owner of the worst freeway drivers! Hint: The Golden State, southern part (the north part isn't bad at all, it's kind of like Utah)

Thank GOD for my keen eye, cat-like reflexes and skills of a test track driver, otherwise I'd have been hit from every corner, both sides and front and back by the clowns with driver's licences!

There you have it, the final word! (a little tongue-in-cheek mixed with a healthy portion of reality)

SoCal, a beautiful place to visit but I wouldn't want to drive there!

Your friend forever,
Zeke

Zeke, Eel will tell you that you need to wise up like us Northern Kali boys. We do not visit or drive in southern Kali or even in San Francisco. Those people are idiots and drive as if they want to commit suicide.

RELH

RELH, I whole heartedly agree!

SoCal is wonderful except for all the people and drivers.

North California is wonderful .....if one bypasses San Francisco (but still kind of fun to visit)

Well, I'm glutinous for punishment since I'll be back south about the end of November.....but I need to see my daughter and her little family so there's my justification for a return trip. Oh well, goes to show I never learn.

Zeke

Zeke, welcome home! I wondered where you've been, but I sure never thought southern CA. :) You have my utmost respect, admiration, and sympathy.

The last time I drove into San Francisco was about 20 years ago. I HAD to drive my daughter to the airport so she could fly out to Wyoming for work. Never again.

Putting me on a SoCal freeway would be like throwing a calf elk into a wolf den.

Your point is duly noted my friend!

Eel

I have driven a fair amount of miles in SoCal. Idiots aside I will give them one thing. When you put on a turn signal, they move. Something a few Utards could learn about.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

That's probably true only because a turn signal is so rarely used in SoCal. They must have known you were lost and decided to get out of your way! ha

I saw a signaled lane change about 5 times and that was from my daughter's car in front of us.

I started to think that the California vehicle compliance regulations require turn signals to be disabled in that part of the State! LOL

...and if I've offended anyone, well, don't worry, I'll be back down there in a few months and have even more stories.

Zeke

.....I'm amazed you think most are licensed zeke. Some in socal use their turn signal lever....but since cali doesn't require any vehicle inspections other than smog.....they don't work....and the nut behind the wheel has no clue

I don't want to come across as hating the place because I do not. It really is a wonderful place to visit and there were many wonderful things to do with the grand kids. I'll go back despite my freeway driving shock. I'll be ready for next time.

My whole trip was enjoyable except for driving and the part about a new transmission in the wife"s Tahoe. Kind of spendy! Obviously the most pleasant part was the company I could keep.

Eels comment about the "elk calf thrown to the wolves" is very descriptive about how I felt on the freeways. Very appropriate!

Zeke

It's been my observation of SoCal (big city freeway driving in general really) is that everyone goes about 75mph with about 10' between vehicles. When something breaks there's a big crash, they scrape it all off to the side, and go right back to it. Nobody even blinks an eye. Nobody wonders why it happened or cares why. There's a sacrifice to be made and it's acceptable.

>It's been my observation of SoCal
>(big city freeway driving in
>general really) is that everyone
>goes about 75mph with about
>10' between vehicles. When something
>breaks there's a big crash,
>they scrape it all off
>to the side, and go
>right back to it. Nobody
>even blinks an eye. Nobody
>wonders why it happened or
>cares why. There's a sacrifice
>to be made and it's
>acceptable.

Eel,

That's so true and it's not really any different around northern Utah, with the exception of traffic volume and freeway quantities.

We have one or two problematic freeways and significantly reduced length of problem areas Vs the mass of endless freeways and the volume of traffic at all times of the day in SoCal.

Maybe it was the shear volume of traffic and the quantity of over-loaded freeways within their system that was the most overwhelming (aside from the Kamikaze drivers).

Yep, I've lived a sheltered life.

Zeke

Yeh its crazy here in the SF Bay Area....you leave more than a car lenght between vehicles and somebody is going to cram into it....then you have the fools txt and reading email on their cell's crossing a bit into the next lane because their not watching the road...Then while everyone's going 70mph they look up and everyone's stopped...crash...defensive driving trying to avoid getting into a crash every time on the road....city driving same thing just a bit slower speeds...

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom