Elk 3A/3C

M

muleymisser47

I have yet to apply this year and was hoping to get some info on unit 3A/3C archery hunt before I do. I harvested a bull in that unit about 6 years ago, rifle season, but have not been back since. I have 7 points and was wondering what that unit has been producing the last couple years. I read somewhere the elk numbers have actually been down the last couple years. So I guess my question is with 7 points is 3A/3C archery hunt worth it or should I try another unit? Have any nice bulls come out of there last year or two? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Hope you didn't decide to put in for it. This unit used to be one of the best in the state and AZGFD has all but ruined it now murdering off all the elk. 3-4 years ago 380"+ bulls were coming out of there on a regular basis. Now were lucky to see 350" bulls coming out of there.

Yeah seems like the fish and game has begun going away from quality trophy hunting to opportunity type hunting like colorado. We are certainly seeing it slanting that way slowly but surely. Interesting that it started happening after a certain individual from Colorado began his stay with the fish and game. So yes you are right 3a 3c has some big bulls, but nothing like 5 years ago.

Yeah they claim they are more into just letting people hunt and that people don't care how big of an elk they kill they just want to be out there experiencing the great outdoors. haha give me a break. All they are into it for is the money. They more tags they can give out the more money for them. They couldn't care less about management. Just the $$$$$$$$$$$$. That's interesting that it started going this way when a guy from Colorado came into GandF. I didn't know that.

yep, different mangement philosophy for sure over the last 5 years in the elk deparment anyway. Deer management has always been a bit shaky. ie too many tags.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom