Elk 58-1 Drawn

JECTedit

I switched areas I usually apply for this year, with my kids getting older I would rather hunt with them. If I use time to hunt for myself I wanted it to be in a really good area, and I had max points.

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar area 58-1. I would actually go guided, as I no longer live close, nor am I good enough with horses to rent them, and this is a pretty good tag.

I am looking for any information I can get; especially from the last year or two (I understand a few things have changed since the old manager of the Hoodoo Ranch retired).

Good luck to the rest of you!

Congrats on drawing the tag. That is the hunt I applied for (also with max points) but didn't draw. I talked with a lady at the hoodoo ranch. They will be charging $500 trespass fee to hunt bulls on the ranch this fall. Cow hunts are free.
She also told me that they did not allow guiding on the ranch. However, when I was researching I found several websites that talked about guided hunts in that unit. I really doubt the guided hunts stayed in the small amount of NF land. I wasn't planning to go guided at all but was more concerned about competition from horse hunters.

Good luck on your hunt and I would like to hear how it goes for you when you get back.

Awesome tag man. with that great land you wont need a guide. A chance of a bull over 350 will be a great chance. hunt the late season. wait for the snow. the bulls will migrate in heavy

If you do want a guide Meade Dominick will be guiding the Hoodoo this year he says.

Don't the elk come into 58 through 59? I've never hunted either one. if so I'll make my wife to let one go through for you.

Stay thirsty my friends

Pray for snow. I know there was a guide in past the ranch this year. If not much snow it can be tricky there are always resident elk in there but not always the big bulls.

Thank you for the input! I have killed a handful of bulls in the 315-330 range, so 350 is really what I want to work for.

How do you think a guy will do without horses?

I know a guy that had the tag last year. Not much of hunter and he got a 360 non-typical bull without horses. He did take my advice and waited for the late season snow.

you have an awesome tag, I am so jealous. congrats on drawing it

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom