Elk 61 -2nd or 76-1st?

oldmossback

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-15 AT 09:26AM (MST)[p]My son has enough point next year to hunt either 61- second rifle or 76 -1st rifle. He has never shot a bull. I have hunted 61-1st before but never 76. I don't want him to blow his points and I am not in the best of shape any longer to help.

What is your guys opinion?

Thanks

61 because most of it is easier country to hunt, second season you should still be able to find bulls in good habitat

LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-15 AT 12:08PM (MST)[p]I had a 61 2nd season tag last year and I would go back there in a heart beat.

Never been in either unit but I those were some of my options this year too. I finally scratched 76 due to the high elevation and concern about snow. Didn't want to be backpacking 5-10 miles in get a bull down then have a foot of snow to fall...
I didn't apply for 61 either went with a different unit.
If he gets 61, you would still be able to be there with him and do some hiking I would think. You may even be able to get in the photos once he gets one on the ground...
Good luck.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom