Elk and Turkey Tips

505Hunter

Hey guys, not sure if this is the ideal forum thread for asking on tips for elk hunting but I will give it a shot. I did not draw out this year but I do my homework still. We go to unit 9 mt taylor area when we do draw for elk and usually go up the west side. Any tips on elk hunting? We usually don't see anything and just wondering if that is typical or just our luck? We've seen elk there, just when we go we dunno where they are. Any tips on what to look for? Where they go? Etc, thanks for the help! Also,, turkey. I have been on 2 spring turkey hunts both at mt taylor and just wondering, has anyone bagged anything there?

Is this a serious inquiry??? There are still some giant elk quietly killed in the unit every year. First tip. Hike into every nasty hell hole you can see or you think might exist. Find oak with acorns in these spots and you just might find something...there are some great bulls still wandering this unit, but they hide in some of the craziest places you could think of...

www.streamflies.com

Not sure what you mean about a serious inquiry? But, I am just looking for some tips or anything. We usually hike way back in there where were constantly ducking and walking over thick timber and usually find a decent meadow. We sit on it for an hour or so and no sign of anything. My dad walked across one bull one year but pulled the wrong trigger! (muzzle loader)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom